• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures--------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
Mustang hunting has been a little slow this summer for some reason. Other projects seem to get in the way. There has been a lot of flooding. The County has been busy rebuilding the main roads and letting the others go until they have time to get to them.

There were eighteen head in this band that we caught coming in to a pond that has been dry for a long time. Recent rain filled it to the top. We sat on the bank in plain sight, which seemed to make them a little cautious. Some worked their way around to where they could smell us and then took the plunge. My friend said they recognized us. I'm not sure about that.

Something in the water must bring out the fight instinct.

It took us all day to find the main band. There were about seventy head there.

Gypsy and her colt are looking good and don't seem to mind our being there.

The "Red Headed Step Child" that looked so weak and sick two months ago is looking a lot better. His crooked foot isn't so noticeable either.

This little feller walked by at about four feet away. I wish I'd had an apple. Maybe I could have chummed him into the pickup.

Somebody yelled fight,,, and Ol Trouble headed that way on the run. It was after the sun had dropped behind the hills. Low light means the camera reacts very slow. I added the pictures to show how little the mustangs worry about my well being, when a big set of teeth are chewing on their back side.

Mustang life is back to normal in seconds. The silence was almost haunting.

What fantastic shots! Those "action shots" really capture the moment, I'd say.

Thanks for posting them.

It sure looks green there.

burnt said:
What fantastic shots! Those "action shots" really capture the moment, I'd say.

Thanks for posting them.

It sure looks green there.

There has been more rain out there this fall that all summer put together. I've been noticing the new grass coming up too. It looks more like April and May.

Faster horses said:
They sure look fat and sassy. Maybe the 'red-headed stepchild' will make
it through the winter.

Thanks so much for the new set of pictures. They are exciting and I was
missing your photos!

You just gave me an excuse to live."

Big Muddy rancher said:
Great pics :D

What is the building in the background of the second picture of the big band?

It is a Church building just outside of the Dugway Military Complex. I Photo Shopped the Dugway buildings out of most of the pictures, but missed this one.

Those pictures of them charging around you left me breathless. What great photos you got!

nonrancher said:
Those pictures of them charging around you left me breathless. What great photos you got!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to learn how to set the camera so as to get those "seldom" shots in focus. In bright sun I would have had a better chance, but after sundown,,, I haven't figured that out yet.

Hi "Mustang",
Thanks for posting these pictures! The horses are so beautiful! When can we place orders for the 2015 calendars?

Regards,
Sweetbasil

Due to "conditions beyond my control" I'm not able to do the calendars this year. However, If someone else wants to put one together,, I'll furnish the pictures.

Mustang

mustang said:
Due to "conditions beyond my control" I'm not able to do the calendars this year. However, If someone else wants to put one together,, I'll furnish the pictures.

Mustang

I would love to put one together to keep the tradition going :)

PM me your e-mail address and I'll fill you in as to what I had to do to get it going.

Latest posts