• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
No fights, nothing, they just stood around soaking up the sun. Note the colt nursing that is just as big as its mother. Also note the buckskin. It has two white hind feet. Peanut has only one.

I found another fifty head on the Hard Pan. There was no color there so I didn't even stop.

Attachments

• Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 001.JPG
    Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 004.JPG
    Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 004.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 007.JPG
    Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 007.JPG
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 011.JPG
    Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 011.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 020.JPG
    Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 020.JPG
    693.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 022.JPG
    Sheep Trough 11-30-2020 022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
The water is ok for now. The feed however is another story. The range is in as poor a shape as anyone can remember. I've seen Nevada horses that are starving to death. Beautiful pictures Mustang. That buckskin would look pretty good in my corral

About one third of the sixty foot sheep trough had open water. The two thirds was froze about an inch deep. I broke up the ice thinking if the came in to water before dark that they could get around the broken ice. Of course it will freeze again at night.
I wish it would snow, then they wouldn't have to depend on the trough. There are two ponds within ten miles that they can find water for a while.

I took the pictures on Monday FH. It sure was a beautiful sunny day. I saw mustangs grazing up in the sage brush, for the first time. There is some feed left in sage.

Thanks for your comment H', There are only 21 days until the days start to get longer.

About one third of the sixty foot sheep trough had open water. The two thirds was froze about an inch deep. I broke up the ice thinking if the came in to water before dark that they could get around the broken ice. Of course it will freeze again at night.
I wish it would snow, then they wouldn't have to depend on the trough. There are two ponds within ten miles that they can find water for a while.

I took the pictures on Monday FH. It sure was a beautiful sunny day. I saw mustangs grazing up in the sage brush, for the first time. There is some feed left in sage.

Thanks for your comment H', There are only 21 days until the days start to get longer.
Being thirsty is a terrible thing.
Thank you for being so kind to break the ice for them....even for a bit...😢

They find a way to get by. They can't paw ice in the troughs. But there is a pond and an ice-free dugout tank further west about 8-10 miles they can water at. And they will lick snow if we get some. But they still need to water about every third day.

Latest posts