• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My arm...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
Don't hurt any. Not much twisting to get me to let them go. Sold a big load of str calves this am for late October delivery with one round shots and off the cow. 2.12 @ 535. 41 cents better than last year and 200/hd and change over last year too. Kinda crazy to think the very first load of strs I ever sold were just shy of 700 lbs at 0.65. We got offered to lease an old bull customers place that wanted to retire and just sold their place to a couple from Williston nd. Crazy the guy is same age I am so much in common feels like and they can buy a ranch in some darn nice country in mt. Anyhow they want to summer 150 cows that we didn't have so bought some good first calf reg hereford pairs from a guy in Canada to stock it. Sounds like the can brand caused a couple buyers to balk a bit but shouldn't make a difference. Anyhow takes some of the stress outa paying for new cows. Still got the heifers to wait and see... How far markets drop while we own them. That's it. Hope everyone's arms don't hurt this year too

Too bad those Canadian cows couldn't have got there as breds instead of pairs. The calves would have just flowed into the system without the CAN brand.
Were they a bunch cheaper? I hope your neighbours aren't offended with having nuclear waste across the fence.
Actually I'm just pulling your leg. Good luck on the new cows, they won't be bad.

bearvalley said:
Too bad those Canadian cows couldn't have got there as breds instead of pairs. The calves would have just flowed into the system without the CAN brand.
Were they a bunch cheaper? I hope your neighbours aren't offended with having nuclear waste across the fence.
Actually I'm just pulling your leg. Good luck on the new cows, they won't be bad.

They coulda come as breds but in order for non ocv females over 12 months to come into mt they have to be adult bangs'd. That can knock a calf or two out so worked a deal to get them as pairs. They weren't any cheaper than stuff down here when I made the deal but they feel somewhat better buy now after getting the steers contracted - I banded all but two of a nice set of bull calves... Just don't feel right marketing someone else's reputation even tho roughly half them where outa a bull bred and raised here. I bought them on quality and bloodlines and the families program. You just cant find good Herefords anywhere down here IMO but I'm biased too. I wish we could get back to the way it was pre bse as far as cattle going north or south. A complete crock if you ask me.

Good deal there!
Who did you buy from, if you do not mind my asking.

Turned the boys out to pasture and they had NO interest in the grass just the girls! :wink:

From Lbh.

Does your daughter still want a bumb calf for her dairy cow? It's a black baldie so no tricks up my sleeve... Unless she'd make for the black Hereford deal. Wait that's a whole other bag of tricks

Latest posts