• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Dad is gone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Lost my Dad early this morning. Had a little issue with AFIB and they corrected it and he was doing great. But got up in the night and collapsed. My brother and I did CPR til help arrived but they couldn't save him. He was my hero and one of my very best friends. He lived a wonderful life of 82 years. Would sure appreciate y'all thinking of my mom and all the grandkids. They are all having a tough time losing their grandpa. Hug all your family close today. Treasure the time ya have. We've sure had a tough road lately with the dog and my mare and now my amazing and strong father. Just sucks. Glad that Christ has made it possible for us to all return home to God. I know I'll see my Dad again. God bless all my fine friends from Ranchers.

As I stand here watching the sun come up I am completely confident Dad is next to me. I fed my cows and I shed some tears. And then the early sun hit the mountain I love so deeply. That Dad loved so deeply. It's my proof that God lives and I'll be with Dad again. That may not make sense to some. But it does for me.
F85C5CD5-55B4-4553-A963-4EB2CECF23EA.jpeg

As I stand here watching the sun come up I am completely confident Dad is next to me. I fed my cows and I shed some tears. And then the early sun hit the mountain I love so deeply. That Dad loved so deeply. It's my proof that God lives and I'll be with Dad again. That may not make sense to some. But it does for me.
View attachment 1648
Absolutely makes sense to me. There are places I go, things I do, and things I see that bring back my parents and others who I have been a big part of my life. Sorry for your loss. The sudden loss of a loved one is a difficult thing. But having been through a very long drawn out process. I know that the sudden is better on all involved. Again sorry to hear of your loss. You and yours are in my prayers.

You've been dealt a tough hand lately, 'H. You have faith in the Lord and have found comfort. In that, plus your memories you will press on. So sorry, H and many prayers for you and your family.

When my father passed away (my mother passed away in 1979) I felt like an orphan and I was 60 years old. You never get over missing your loved ones but it gets easier to bear. Doesn't mean much now, but time does heal.

Praying for you leaning H. I'm so sorry. Seems to be lots of misery and loss going around everywhere. I dont know if your a guy or a girl but I'm sending you a cyber hug regardless. Your Dad was fortunate that he had family that loved and will remember him.

Putting off mortality. Dressed with immortality. The best new day ever.
Delivered into the hands of God, Our most Holy Loving Father.

Yeah. Blessed day. We rejoice for ever sojourner at past over. What a day of rejoicing it shall be. One Forever.

Yes. Let us Love. Forever. And, all we can while yet here, especially those most dear.

Sent (here) in hope of God our saviour: to learn to love pure and then to return in it lifted forever.

We Love them, still, in our hearts and as we know, we know 1st John 2:29- 3:2 now we are the sons of God.

In the Love, with the Love, where the Love of God is lifted; in heaven forever, first here. Take heart in the Promise. For sure.

Be Blessed. Bring all you can, in His Likeness.

Christ to you.

Poppyrancher

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. That is a beautiful picture you posted. I know the pain your going through I lost my mom around thanksgiving time. It was a lot harder than I ever dreamed it would be. I don't think you ever quit missing them but the pain does get replaced with good memories. It's like turning a page and starting a new chapter. Prayers to you and your family.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. That is a beautiful picture you posted. I know the pain your going through I lost my mom around thanksgiving time. It was a lot harder than I ever dreamed it would be. I don't think you ever quit missing them but the pain does get replaced with good memories. It's like turning a page and starting a new chapter. Prayers to you and your family.
Thank you sir. Sorry to hear about your momma. ❤️

View attachment 1660
Dad's obituary picture. He was and is a giant of a man. 6'4" and hands like catchers mitts. Love ya Pop
View attachment 1661
This will be the front of the funeral program. We all felt he's riding up to heaven. He sure loved anything outdoors. A true top hand and sportsman. We'll miss ya pal
He must have been a fine man to be loved so much. Hugs from afar, 'H.

Latest posts