• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My evening walk..pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
Since we had a little shower this evening I thought I'd venture outside and take a few pictures...I love the smell after a rain...everything is so fresh...Enjoy

B193Rainbow.jpg

This rainbow was so wide I couldn't get it all in one shot...

B194Sunflower_edited-1.jpg

Sunflowers growing up in the windmill tower

B195Horses_edited-1.jpg

Our herd of lawn ornaments... :wink:

B196Rio.jpg

Rio...It's been awhile since I've rode him...I'm sure he's gonna be as fresh as the rain..(with thunder and lighting...lol)

B197Berries.jpg

Berries in full bloom

DSC00009-1.jpg

Took this the other nite...pivot at sunset

Perdy Perdy!! As I was sittin here waitin for the pictures to load......I thought to myself. All those windmills up there.....and all those sunflowers. I think ya'll should start callin yer windmills....."Windflowers" LOL
Rio looks like he could be a ham for the camera :wink:

Thanks fer sharin.

Love those lawn ornaments. They come motorized, right?

rustynail said:
what kind of berries are those??:???: never saw anything like them. :?

G3

I'm not a horticulturist...(sp?) and I hope someone will correct me, but I think they are wild rose buds..instead of berries as I called em...I'm lucky to know the difference between a sunflower and a cattail...lol

And yes NR...those lawn ornaments are excellent hayburners too! :wink: :lol:

Rose hips make good jelly too. But they are a bugger to pick.

I did find this:

Rose hips are the cherry-sized red fruits of the rose bush left behind after the bloom has died. Although nearly all rose bushes produce rose hips, the tastiest for eating purposes come from the Rosa rugosa variety. The flavor is described as fruity and spicy, much like the cranberry. Harvest the fruits after the first frost when they become fully-colored, but not overripe. They should yield to gentle pressure but not be soft or wrinkly. Most recipes advise removing the irritating hairy seeds before processing the fruit. When cooking with rose hips, do not use any metal pans or utensils other than stainless steel or risk discoloration of the fruit and loss of its precious vitamin C stores.

For you gardeners who are lucky enough to have this fruit in your garden, here are some rose hips recipes. You'll find more than just the basic jelly, although it is also included here. Enjoy!

Ingredients
4 quarts ripe rose hips
2 quarts water
1 package pectin crystals
5 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice

Instructions
Simmer rose hips in water until soft. Crush to mash, and strain through a jelly bag. Should make about 4 cups of rose hip juice. Add to juice, lemon juice and pectin crystals and stir until mixture comes to a hard boil. Stir sugar in at once. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove jelly from heat and skim off foam with metal spoon. Pour into hot sterilized jars.

Credits

Latest posts