• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My future calf horse

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Choclab

Reaction score
I think I have posted a pic of him before, but he's finally getting into shape again and thought I would show him off a bit...lol. He's pretty cowy and tracking calves really well. Next few weeks I'll be breakaway roping on him and hopefully get him taking a few jerks later this year. Don't wanna rush him. He's out of a Doc Quixote X Gunsmoke Stud and a Major King X Whim mare. He's 14hh and taped out around 1050lbs. Short stocky little guy. Perfect size for calf roping

In the round pen.

miscpicsfrom4-5030.jpg

miscpicsfrom4-5010.jpg

My buddy Chris

miscpicsfrom4-5020.jpg

New Saddle

miscpicsfrom4-5032.jpg

Looks like my 12 year old Doc's Lynx bred gelding could almost pass for his brother.

Spring2008112.jpg

Short horses are great :)

Thanks.....you should see his half brother who is out of the same stud, but a Miss Santana Doc X Powder River Playboy mare.....

Two potentially embarassing questions: ( :oops: )
How do you tie your saddle strings like that?
How do you tie a calf's legs together so they don't come undone during vax & tag?
Thanks (for not laughing so hard I can hear you). :D

I live about 5-10 minutes from you during the week Emma. I don't have to be to work until 2:00 Pm. Anytime before 11:30 and I will show you how to properly tie a calf and tie up your saddle strings.

Choclab said:
I live about 5-10 minutes from you during the week Emma. I don't have to be to work until 2:00 Pm. Anytime before 11:30 and I will show you how to properly tie a calf and tie up your saddle strings.

Thanks, Choclab! I appreciate the offer. I think the calves will appreciate it, too, when I stop crocheting their legs together and start tying them right. This week's a mess for me but maybe next week?

Latest posts