• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My journal entry for Sunday, July 28, 1968

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
My journal entry for Sunday, July 28, 1968

Dad and I leisurely awoke at 7:30 and did chores. Mom fixed French toast for breakfast, along with the "trimmings."

I went up north and finished mowing. Dad went down south to check the cattle—so neither of us made it to church. The grass was wet from last night's little rain, so I read some before doing my job.

When I got back to the house, I took a bath and shaved off a week's sparse growth of whiskers.

Mom and the girls were back from church by this time, so they packed up food for a picnic and we headed for Cottonwood Lake. The Ranch Gals 4-H Club was having their picnic meeting, which was our reason for attending. Dad met us here and joined the party.

I rammed around most of the afternoon with John Fairhead, Ken Moreland, Jack Ricedorff, and Tim Phipps. We didn't do much but chat.

Uncle Stan had an army buddy visiting—Harold Wright from Appleton City, Missouri. We were going out to the JO for supper, so Ken went home with me to help do chores. Then I helped him do his.

Dad, Uncle Stan, and Harold Wright went down south to sew up a JO cow. Dad stayed at the Leach Place to dope a back rubber, so arrived for a picnic supper a little late.

We looked through '49 Blizzard write-ups and came home rather late.

I happen to work with a Tim Phipps. I believe he was raised west of the Mississippi, but I'm not sure where. I would say that Phipps is not a particularly common name. Do you happen to know where he is now?

WVGenetics said:
I happen to work with a Tim Phipps. I believe he was raised west of the Mississippi, but I'm not sure where. I would say that Phipps is not a particularly common name. Do you happen to know where he is now?

Martin, South Dakota. He has worked for the LaCreek Electric Association for many years as a lineman.

Latest posts