• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Kids think I'm Cool!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Temps have been warm here and we have little snow. It rained most of the day Thursday and left a sheet of ice anywhere there was any packed snow(everywhere that I drive around to feed cattle).
Anyway,my sons came out to help me feed yesterday and I was "demonstrating" to them just how slippery it was on that ice with the tractor. This "demonstration" included "cutting donuts","whipping sh*t-hooks", "doing burnouts" and doing "reverse 180's"(AKA Rockford turns).

I was only trying to show them the hazards of driving on icy conditions. :wink: :wink:(no fun at all for me :wink: )
They figured that it was pretty cool for the "old man" to be rippin' around like that with a tractor! My wife just watched out the window, shaking her head......... :D

I did that with my team once-I was doing my best Joe Carberry imitation when we all fell off the sleigh as I did a powerturn-lucky my old girls know whoa lol.

TimH said:
Temps have been warm here and we have little snow. It rained most of the day Thursday and left a sheet of ice anywhere there was any packed snow(everywhere that I drive around to feed cattle).
Anyway,my sons came out to help me feed yesterday and I was "demonstrating" to them just how slippery it was on that ice with the tractor. This "demonstration" included "cutting donuts","whipping sh*t-hooks", "doing burnouts" and doing "reverse 180's"(AKA Rockford turns).

I was only trying to show them the hazards of driving on icy conditions. :wink: :wink:(no fun at all for me :wink: )
They figured that it was pretty cool for the "old man" to be rippin' around like that with a tractor! My wife just watched out the window, shaking her head......... :D

I guess kids will be kids. :???: How cool do they think you are when you take off those "NASTY" underwear? :wink:

Merry Christmas..........Turd!

That reminds me of when about ten years ago I was demonstrating similar driving techniques to my young son. It was fun until I broke through the ice, and we had a five-mile walk. We had to go get the pickup out of the pond before it froze in place, and ultimately we were a couple hours late for a Christmas party. The Kosmo Kid did learn the moral to it all, and that is, "if you're going to be dumb, you've got to be tough." :wink: :)

Mike- "I guess kids will be kids. How cool do they think you are when you take off those "NASTY" underwear?

Merry Christmas..........Turd!"

I admit ,Mike , I am not familiar with the customs in Alabama, but here in Manitoba, we don't take our underwear off in front of the children....nasty or otherwise. :roll: :)

Merry Christmas to you, too!! (turd)

PS: There is a couple of Rio bulls at Douglas Test this year again but only the "on test" weights are posted so far.

TimH this is how you teach the kids about the dangers of driving in the snow. Only problem is then they think it is soooo much fun that they want to bring out their friends and I can't say no, it is my civic duty to teach all of these kids the effects of snow on frozen rubber and how out of control you can get. BTW, they prefer pastures that cows have been in for the added problems with dodging cow pies and getting some air.
hooky.jpg

hooky1.jpg

hooky2.jpg

hooky3.jpg

Yup, had to teach my kids the same things and in pretty much the same way! :lol:

Don't you feel sorry for them poor ol' southerners who don't get to do this stuff and then when they run onto the occasioal wet street, they are, like, all out of control, dude? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kill myself! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did a ATV safety video today. Only problem, no one was watching or filming it! :D Disclaimer: I don't recommend doing this!!! Was heading off some cows that were headed down the road and came up the ditch where there was some melting snow and mud. My outfit slid right sideways until it hit dry ground and went over. I bailed off and kept rolling. 4 wheeler made a 3/4 roll landing on the left side. Engine never died and I got up and flipped it over on the wheels again. The renegade cows didn't get away, but kids don't try this at home! :D :D :D

TimH said:

Some of us here on Ranchers would think you were cool too,if you would get a camera and post a few pictures ,you ole tight wad :wink: Merry Christmas canuckle head :D ................good luck

Naw...........we got mud to play in. Unlike snow, when ya git done no one can recognize who's who n ya either gotta go jump in the creek or tank, or just plain ole take a bath.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Naw...........we got mud to play in. Unlike snow, when ya git done no one can recognize who's who n ya either gotta go jump in the creek or tank, or just plain ole take a bath.

Would that be an invitation to go wrassle in the mud? :shock: :eek: :lol:

Latest posts