• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Life

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
jbar said:
sorry but you need to read your bible,and i am not judging anyone.just point out the truth and its in gods word. get your bible and read mark 10:11,12. better yet read the whole chapter.this is not judging its the truth in gods word.

Have you read first corinthians 7:15

Joel 2:25 , You are not alone, I went through a bad divorce, and was a single parent for 6 years. Even when it doesn't seem like it...Life will get better....just keep the faith. May the Peace of the Lord be with you always.

I was not going to weigh in on this topic, but it won't go away, so here is my opinion (for what it is worth): Every one feels guilty enough at a time like this, except perhaps those who had ought to feel guilty. Children, especially, fit in this category. God does hate divorce, He says so. He does not hate divorcees, and that needs to be understood. I do not see where God says divorce is sin, but rather that He hates it. I hate divorce too, and I suspect most of us do. Because God knows that men and/or women can be so hard hearted that it is impractical to live with them over a period of years, that there needs to be a way to disolve the relationship. Thus, he provided divorce, even though He hates it. The process is so hard that the last thing you need is to feel God will not help you through this. He will, and is. Marriage is the best thing out there. Don't hate it because you have experienced a bad one. Marriage or divorce ought not be entered into withought lots of careful consideration. I do feel that if both parties will work hard at it many, if not most marriages could be salvaged. If only one party will work at it, and the other won't, no matter how hard the one tries, it is pretty much in vain. God Bless you, and I will join others as they pray for you in this very difficult time.

Thanks for weighing in, Shortgrass. I am not qualified and intended to stay out of this thread also.

I just posted to pass this along. In my bible, the footnote for Mark 10:1-9 also refers to Mt 5:31-32 and Mt 19:3-9 and the footnotes for each. Nowhere do I read that divorce is a sin.

My prayers go out to Kris and Ranchy. God WILL get you through this.

Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement. And for sticking up for us. That's what I love about "Ranchers".

I know it's helped me a great deal, and hope that Kris is also benefitted from it.

I will ask Mason to lock this and let it go to the bottom, and on to another page, and won't write more about it here. I don't want to cause trouble to my friends, and it seems that's just what's happening.

God Bless You All!

Good luck in the future..Keep your head up,both of you. Been there,done
that,ain't NO fun.

i went thru a divorce 6years ago. went hunting for 2 days came back an she was gone. thought it was the end of the world. two years later meet the love of my life. so dont give up and im not saying run off an get remarried just remember god works in great ways. when you least expect it you will wake up one morning an say life is good look what you are missing.

Ranchy and Kris, I'm very sad to hear of the troubles you are in. Life offers up some bad pain sometimes.

Here's a slightly different curve on the topic based on a close friend's life. She had breast cancer, in some lymph nodes, too, and had to go through radiation and chemo. She was working on college degree to teach at the time it was discovered, and during all the treatments she just decided to keep plowing through the heavy course work, even studying abroad, during which time her husband had an affair.
:( My guess is that the threat of death from cancer or aging or any life-threatening illness does make a person push themselves beyond what is reasonable and rational- I don't know why- maybe just to prove they are still alive? For our friend, their pastor's counseling plus just living together and treading lightly helped them come to grips with their feelings and re-evaluate the relationship. They are still together perhaps it is 15 yrs now. So sometimes, folks decide there really is something they value in their marriage. Maybe these guys you married will also re-evaluate their basic stupidity at some point.
If not, you both are very strong gals and God will be with you as you move foreward with your lives. You'll be in my prayers.

You seldom see a rancher and his wife break up that work together everyday. This thread would have rarely happened 40 years ago. As prices drive people off the land they drive couples to off the farm jobs and what was once "settled in the pasture", comes home at the end of the day when everyone is tired. When I was first married my wife worked an off the farm job and I worked on the farm, our days were similar but she couldn't fully understand my day and I felt like whoa you think you had a bad day look at the sh it that I went through. I wasn't right and she wasn't right. My wife and I argue almost every day but it's job related and usually taken care of as soon as that pen of cattle is sorted or whatever the job may be. I could hire a hired hand to help me on the farm and ranch but they would never be as good or as trustworthy as my wife. There are never any fights about money because we are both supplying and dipping out of the same pot. When we have kids we will not have to worry about a "baby sitter" in town because they can ride in the pickup or ride in the tractor with one of us. I understand that divorce is an everyday occurence these days but when I see "ranch" people on this site getting divorced it is especially sad. I guess what I am getting at is that you should marry the right person to start out with :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts