• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Little Black Mare

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I had a couple of AWOL calves today that had escaped thru a fence break in the creek...Such a beautiful day I decided to take my little 3 year old black mare- Coaly...Hadn't rode since my surgery- and she had only been rode a few times this summer, since I don't like to ride them too hard when they are young- wait until at least 4 ( and before anyone else says it- I know we both could use a diet and some more work :wink: )... Anyway Grandma said she didn't have any picture of me and Coaly so when we got back she snapped a couple...

CoalieandDick1.jpg

Even tho she hasn't been rode much this summer, she was a perfect lady- and seemed upset when the calf chasing was done...Will start using her a little more this fall for some of the sortings at the neighbors...With the Mr. San Peppy, Mano Blanco, Charlie Duster bloodlines she has she can't help but like working cows....

CoalieandDick4.jpg

She only stands a little over 14 hands- and won't be much taller....Perfect horse for an old fat man :lol: ....

CoalieandGabe2.jpg

Since Gabe was the first to ride her when she was a yearling, him and her get along pretty good......

Isn't she just cute as a button???????

We're liking the horses smaller too, OT.
We always rode big, tall horses. Mr. FH retired horse is
16'1 and always weighed 1435 and was smooth as glass.
But the youngster we have is 14'2 and will probably not
get much bigger.

Your little mare sounds like a real gem!!!

Thanks for the pictures. Glad you are back to riding after
your surgery.

I've been wanting to get a picture of the old horse and finally got
one last night. He is 27, Bartender bred and came from the
San Francisco Ranch at Ronan. He has a lot of registration numbers
with only 4 numbers, so he's really foundation bred. We dearly
love this horse, he's been a great one. I'm happy I can put his picture up here.

IMG_0619.jpg

He looks like he's ready to go as soon as you throw a saddle on him... :)

That little black mares dam is about that age- and my 84 year old uncle was riding her until a couple years ago when he started losing some of his balance and hung up his saddle- now she's kind of just retired on the place too....

Nice to see ya back in the saddle OT..... And nice mare.. I always wanted a black horse to ride......
Fh, your horse looks great!!!! Geriatric horses are fun to have around.. They have so much charactor...

:lol: Hey oldtimer, were you the guy that advertised quaker oats . What's his name , Wilfred Brimley? You could be his stunt double. :D I just couldn't resist. Nice pictures. You look like an authentic Sheriff. Nice looking little mare as well. Alright, alright...don't get mad. It's a joke. You do look like him though.

Red Robin said:
:lol: Hey oldtimer, were you the guy that advertised quaker oats . What's his name , Wilfred Brimley? You could be his stunt double. :D I just couldn't resist. Nice pictures. You look like an authentic Sheriff. Nice looking little mare as well. Alright, alright...don't get mad. It's a joke. You do look like him though.

I have been called Wilfred many a time :lol: :lol:

A couple of years ago the Chase Hawks Roughstock event in Billings had Wilfred Brimley as the rodeo Marshal and speaker at the banquet- I had several people at the Hotel and at the rodeo mistake me... My wife said I should have just given them an autograph instead of correcting them, because as bad as I sign my name they would never be able to read it anyway...

Thaks for the phot's OT.

But...... how do I put this?.......ahem.......

Maybe you better give me a call and we'll get right to work on a saddle with a ....ahem......little more .......ah....leg room?

Such a pity too. Looks like a new saddle and a shame it don't fit you better. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just teasin' you "Wilfie".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She does look like a dandy. I like smaller horses too. Of course that could be because I have short legs :p

I've always had a soft spot (and no, it's not on top of my head, Hubby :p ) for black mares. One of my best was black, and also a mare.......

Love your little Coaly, and gotta admit, when I first saw the pic, was convinced that we do, indeed, have a celebrity on the board........the resemblance is amazing!!!!!!! :nod:

Nice lookin mare OT,nothing like being horseback on a beautiful day.............good luck

Latest posts