• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My new baby =D [lots of pics]

Help Support Ranchers.net:

montana cowgurl

Reaction score
After lookin through the papers every week, we finally found a car for me :D

Dad pointed it out, a 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass.

So we went to Billings to look at it, talked to the guy, and brought it home.. all in the same day :D

Custom paint: Candy Apple Red with orange metallic specs, orange detailing, "Cutlass 442"
100_1845.jpg

100_1842.jpg

100_1841.jpg

Swivel racing seats with covers
100_1832.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1834.jpg

100_1844.jpg

Ohh and does it sound good :D Dual exhaust & glass packs
100_1846.jpg

It really doesn't have a 442 :roll: :lol: . It has a pretty newly rebuilt 350 small block, better gas mileage :D New radiator, new fans, etc.
100_1849.jpg

100_1851.jpg

Not to mention the stereo system that is still on warranty, the guy said it's worth over $1000. :shock:
100_1835.jpg

Door speakers
100_1836.jpg

2 back speakers
100_1839.jpg

Racin wheels
100_1843.jpg

Was a good deal, I'm sooo excited :D I think sw's bout as excited as I am though! :lol: It just needs some minor work =) Gonna get some chrome mudflaps so I don't get anymore paint chips from the rocks, and a back seat cover for sure, plus it needs something for the power steering, either a pump or hose, haven't looked yet, and some other minor stuff.

Now that is one sweet ride... only one request.....Please do not allow rap music to be played in such an awesome old car like that one... :)

cowgirl,
nice find. and no it does not have a 442 motor in it haha. the 442 stood for
4.....four speed manual transmission
4.....four barrel carburator
2.....dual exhaust

not sure if that year had all of that but when the first ones came out that's what it stood for.

still a nice find.

G3

montana cowgirl- looks nice, I think you'll be happy with it..Should draw guys like crazy :wink: :lol:
I have a 1975 Olds 98 with the 455 Rocket engine- and I love to go cruising in it...Brings back the memories of when cars were cars and not tin cans- both in size and metal quality....

Oldtimer said:
montana cowgirl- looks nice, I think you'll be happy with it..Should draw guys like crazy :wink: :lol:
I have a 1975 Olds 98 with the 455 Rocket engine- and I love to go cruising in it...Brings back the memories of when cars were cars and not tin cans- both in size and metal quality....

not speaking for MCG but as a parent.... thought this boat would withstand 7 mi of dirt road, be easy to work on, and not cave in to deer :p

Greg says he jealous :D Great looking car MCG,and NN's right...no rap in that car. Buy some great 70's classic rock,you'll be the hottest Gal in Montana..... :wink:

Enjoy it and DRIVE SAFE!!!

That is one sweet looking car.
My dad would NEVER have allowed me to get a car like that. Too much like him with a lead foot. :oops: :lol:

All Dad needs to do is get a grille guard on it! :lol:

Years ago a kid here had an old 64 Ford Falcoon with a Bimco grille guard on it........that was good for 10 minutes of laughter every time he came to town.

Another kid here had a 66 (I think) 442. That thing would haul, but he burnt the motor up by burning stolen airplane gas in it.

An Oldsmobile is a damn fine car. Every car on the road today owes a debt to Olds for engineering front wheel drive, introduced in the 1966 Toronado, and many other innovations Olds made to the auto industry. Too bad GM dumped Olds and kept Pontiac.

You have a nice, nice ride!

I don't really listen to much rap anyway. The guy I bought it from sure does though.
He was sayin how he took the lock out of the trunk cuz "he has his box in there and it kept rubbin on his box". Said he'd give the speakers to me as a present cuz it's my first car :roll: :lol: :shock: :wink:

Well yesterday we got the trunk open :shock: Huge set of speakers!!

Right now even with bass boost off, classic rock can be mistaken for rap :shock: that system picks up every tiny hint of bass and multiplies it lol :lol:

That's so awesome, she not only hunts but she's into cars!! My grandparents actually had a blue 2 dr Cutlass, same body....maybe a '75....back when it was new. Cool car! Take care of it!

Big Muddy rancher said:
Have you found the switch to make the front end bounce up and down. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing-- fix it up that way and fit right in on the Billings southside :wink: :lol:

Geez Shorty that's gonna bite whjen them speakers have to come out so the Canadian Bronc Riders can throw in their rigging bags lol. I just naturally assume your going to volounteer to haul them to the U'S rodeos. Pretty sweeet riode young lady. How did you do on your steer.

haha for sure NR.

My steer got a red ribbon but was the highest sellin steer at $2.65/pound totallin $3233 so that helps pay for the Cutlass haha

Latest posts