• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My New Horse

Help Support Ranchers.net:

randiliana

Reaction score
Just got back from my trip to Great Falls, MT. Weather was pretty good, but a little on the cool side. I went to look at a Trakhener mare that was for sale there. And I decided to buy her. Can't wait to get her home, but that will not be for 10 days or so. She's green broke, done a lot of trail riding and stuff like that. Seems pretty sensible and maybe a bit bossy, but we'll deal with that. Hoping to do some Jumping and Dressage with her, and of course she will have to learn a bit of cow work too....

DSC015051.jpg

DSC015061.jpg

DSC015121.jpg

DSC015131.jpg

I use to show one, a VERY long time ago. Awesome in jumping. You will fall in LOVE with her gate ...smooth LOL
She is a beauty. CONNGGRRAATTSSS enjoy and have FUN.

Faster horses said:
She looks really nice and well-developed. How old is she?
I've never heard of those horses. What are they bred for?
I have to say I do like her looks. Best of luck with her!!
Keep us updated!

She will be 5 in June. The Trakehner is a warmblood breed, mostly bred nowdays for Dressage and Jumping. She is out of a Thoroughbred mare and a Trakehner Sire.

http://americantrakehner.com/TheBreed.htm

I'm jealous, a shiny new bull and a nice horse, too. Some people have all the luck! just kidding

She has a real elegant look to her, hope we get to see pics of her all collected up in the bridle and doing the dressage moves. It looks so beautiful and effortless when it is done right.

Just remember at those high faluting shindigs like dressage, jumping or a fox hunt it is important to yell "Tally ho, the fox" not "there goes that little red son of a blank"!!! :wink: Have fun with your mare. Post some pictures as you use her and as you compete. It will be fun to watch. If my horse jumps something, it is usually not part of my plan! :shock: :lol:

leanin' H said:
Just remember at those high faluting shindigs like dressage, jumping or a fox hunt it is important to yell "Tally ho, the fox" not "there goes that little red son of a blank"!!! :wink: Have fun with your mare. Post some pictures as you use her and as you compete. It will be fun to watch. If my horse jumps something, it is usually not part of my plan! :shock: :lol:

You mean if your horse jumps something you each have separate landings? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
leanin' H said:

You mean if your horse jumps something you each have separate landings? :wink: :lol: :lol:

If those fog-heaved hesitators H rides are as club-footed as he is I can understand why he doesn't want them jumping anything. :wink:

Tally Ho, The Nannys! :p

Good Luck with your mare Randi.

http://www.josieroetman.com/hotdiggityjoe/v/For+Sale/SOLD/2012+Sales/Groovin+N+Movin/Groovin+N+Movin+July+3.jpg.html

Here is my new horse.. He will turn two this year.. He was barely halter broke and is doing really well.. I am going to ride english now... You know my bucket list..

Edited to say I didn't pay $7500 for him...

Well, that black color will sure get you noticed in the show ring!!

Did you get that pony from Kerry Bradac?
She shows a lot, goes all over the country.
Her husband is who bought our cows when we sold them.

Good luck!! I know you'll have him on better groceries
than he looks like he's on in the picture. Oh, I bet he's really
handsome fed up some!!

Good luck!!!

yeah, We've had him a couple of months and he is really filling out and all slicked off.... They are moving their horses to Florida and needed to sell a bunch.. My friend Stacy said there was lots of really nice colts..

Latest posts