• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My new house

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
With the arrival of our youngest daughter 6 months ago, our current house became officially too small. So this is what's been taking all my spare time the last year or so...
PS... jury is still out on the orange paint (wife says 'burnt' orange :wink: ) but I think it will be ok when trime and such is up. Hopefully.
resized2.jpg

resized1.jpg

Exciting work going on up there in BC. :!: I like the burnt orange.
Congratulations on your new home!

Silver post some more pictures of your new house,I have always wanted to sell out head for British Columbia build me a good tight log cabin ,stock it with vittles and whiskey a pretty lady and just hole up for the winter................good luck

Are you doing this on your own, Silver??? Absolutely beautiful work!!! I will sit by patiently and wait for more pictures! :D :D

Good job! I like the way you sawed the logs in half for the steps. I want to see the rock fireplace too!

Absolutely stunning!!!! I've always dreamed of a log home. Like the paint job. Send more pics of the progress.

We got the logs out ourselves, peeled them, then I hired a guy for the log work that actually knows what he's doing. I told him what I wanted, then the two of us did it.
Since the logs have been up I've been on my own, learning as I go. Kids are excited because they finally get their own rooms.

Unbelievable! :!: That is some really great work. :D How long do you let the wood cure before you use it? Not being a craftsman myself, what kind of wood is it? Pine?

Silver said:
We got the logs out ourselves, peeled them, then I hired a guy for the log work that actually knows what he's doing. I told him what I wanted, then the two of us did it.
Since the logs have been up I've been on my own, learning as I go. Kids are excited because they finally get their own rooms.

How many square ft. is it gonna be ?.............good luckPS I did basicly the same thing ,but built mine out of cut Lime stone,me and two helpers built it ,IM not looking forward to that again I know what you are going thru..................good luck

katrina said:
That is beautiful. Burnt Orange is in style....

I have to laugh at Katrina! We built a new house two years ago and ALL my wife was worried about was.......the color of the walls, the style of toilets -fixtures etc, the lighting fixtures, kitchen appliances and floor coverings. That's it, nothing else concerned her.

You reminded me. :???:

"Duct tape gray is fine with me; I am tried of working on this house" Is all my wife heard me say I think, when we was getting our house together. :lol: :lol:

The logs look great. Burnt orange (Texas color) would NEVER fly here in Husker Nation. :lol:

My wife and I have been wanting a log home ever since we got married. Maybe someday..... Anyhow, I'm glad to see somebody has one. Sure looks comfy.

Good job! I think you're right - when the trim and such things go up, it will be absolutely beautiful! Very nice!

HAY MAKER said:
Silver said:

How many square ft. is it gonna be ?.............good luckPS I did basicly the same thing ,but built mine out of cut Lime stone,me and two helpers built it ,IM not looking forward to that again I know what you are going thru..................good luck

It is 1500 sq ft on the main, same for the basement. I think the loft is abt. 700 or so. Kids rooms upstairs, so when I get old I will have no reason to go up there, everything I need is on the main.
The logs have been out for a year and a half now.
PS, send some pics of your house, Ive never seen one of limestone and Im interested.

Silver said:
HAY MAKER said:
Silver said:

It is 1500 sq ft on the main, same for the basement. I think the loft is abt. 700 or so. Kids rooms upstairs, so when I get old I will have no reason to go up there, everything I need is on the main.
The logs have been out for a year and a half now.
PS, send some pics of your house, Ive never seen one of limestone and Im interested.

So you got about 3700 sq ft. that's just about right to raise a family in.I actually built two houses ,the first one was about 3700 sq ft,and this one is about 2200,its all I need Ill post a picture of it ,turned out alright........................good luck

Latest posts