• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My perfect Independence Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Maybe this belongs on the political page, but what the heck.

If I had my way, things in the US would be much different. We wouldn't be arguing about whether or not the next Supreme Court Justice should be a strict Constitutionalist, or consider the Constitution a living document. The Constitiution was written with much forsight, and it was written with the best interest of US citizens in mind. Bending the Constitution to fit the flavor of the day, usually in the interest of a few, starts a slippery slope that will weaken the interests of the United States. An example is the current attack on the Pledge of Allegiance. We have freedom of religion here in the United States, not freedom from religion. We do not have armed policemen in our schools overseeing whether or not the students recite the "Under God" phrase. If you don't like it, don't say it. Period. Now that was easy, wasn't it? Should we take away the rights of many for those of a few?

Next is the Flag Burning Amendment. Common sense says we should not even need this Amendment. Is burning a flag free speech? I don't know for sure, but if it is, then punching the idiot in the nose while he tries to light it on fire must be free speech too. Makes sense to me anyway.

Then comes the Right to Bear Arms. You or I probably do not need automatic weapons, but give up part of your rights, and then here they come for more of them. Maybe a little common sense would come in handy on this issue too. Studies show that the crime rates are actually lower when the citizenry is armed and trained how to use 'em. I'm not a gun lover, but I respect the rights of those who are.

Aside from the Constitution, how about our tax system? In a moral society, should anyone be paying over half of their income in taxes, and having little say themselves about how it is spent? I would like to earn enough to be in that tax bracket, but sure wouldn't want to write the check to the IRS each year. Talk about a dis-incentive to go to work. Let's penalize our highest achievers. That will show them. It's a wonder they want to go to work every day, but it just goes to show that in the US, that the relative freedom to accomplish whatever your ability lets you accomplish is the driving force for those folks. Thank God it is that way, and lets not let the folks that are anxious to take away more of our rights get our right of free spirit and individual freedoms also.

How about the United Nations? Does it say anything in our Constitution about giving up our Nations voice to a bunch of tin-horn dictatators? The same folks that think you shouldn't have to mention God in the Pledge of Allegiance, think it is completely just to have to ask the UN for permission to protect our Country. Ironic? I think so.

I could go on, but next time you are in the voting booth, remember who seems to not care enough about the US to take it's best interest in mind first.

Enough of my rant here, but seriously I hope all have a good Fourth of July!

Latest posts