• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My reliable corn forcast for CattleCo.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Talked to someone recently in the S. Eastern part of SD, and if the information was reliable their local grain elevator was bidding 1.51/bushel for new crop corn.

You better get out and buy futures before it's too late. :wink:

Check July 06 Corn.......If you grow corn.........you need to find a understanding lender! :roll: Cheap Corn breeds Cheap Cattle sooner or later. OH MY there I go looking at a chart again!! :roll:

Ours in going into the silage pit today and tomorrow. If any of it is good will combine it later for corn. Wish me luck, I'm official silage packer girl. I'm scared of hieghts so should be interesting for me.. :?

katrina said:
Ours in going into the silage pit today and tomorrow. If any of it is good will combine it later for corn. Wish me luck, I'm official silage packer girl. I'm scared of hieghts so should be interesting for me.. :?

What are you using to pack with?

We heard in the past couple of days that at least one ethanol plant in s.e. SD is doubling their ethanol production, and IF recall is accurate, they currently are producing about a million gallons per year. Wonder if/how much that will effect local corn prices. Will try to find the story to check numbers.

We use quite a bit of the dried distillers grains left over from ethanol production during winter in our backgrounding lot. Hauling costs will probably be more than the feed if things keep on the way they have been going lately.

MRJ

Going $1.50 to $1.60 around here at the local elevators. And the new crop isn't all that bad looking in the fields. Everything of ours will be chopped this year...soon.

A good friend on mine brought up an interesting point................when will we base the price of corn as it relates to a barrel of OIL?????????????? COME ON Ethanol Plants!! NOW when that happens we will send some cattle / hog feeders into "Sticker Shock:!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Latest posts