• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My saddlle deal fell apart

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
To many red flags, me and this fella made a deal 4K even, so far so good and I was going to send him a check for $1000 to get started, well he dont take checks.
I dont like to do buisness with anyone that wont take my check kinda a personal deal with me.
Anyway i want this saddle so I agree to visit him and take him $1000 cash that was yesterday, this morning he sends a invoice /estimate and he adds sales tax about $250, stating he will delete the tax when I give him my tax number.
I have played the tax game many times so I inform the man that I will indeed give him my tax number and will need his............So the himhawing started long story short he dont have a tax number he builds these saddles out of his garage and tried to run the price up on me.
Why would he need my number when he dont even have a buisness tax number....................Im Done !!!!!!!!!!!
and still shopping.
good luck

Sorry the deal fell apart on you, but its better to fall apart now instead of after you paid him.

Lisa says to call 406-446-3730. He'll build you a goodun!!!

HAY MAKER said:
To many red flags, me and this fella made a deal 4K even, so far so good and I was going to send him a check for $1000 to get started, well he dont take checks.
I dont like to do buisness with anyone that wont take my check kinda a personal deal with me.
Anyway i want this saddle so I agree to visit him and take him $1000 cash that was yesterday, this morning he sends a invoice /estimate and he adds sales tax about $250, stating he will delete the tax when I give him my tax number.
I have played the tax game many times so I inform the man that I will indeed give him my tax number and will need his............So the himhawing started long story short he dont have a tax number he builds these saddles out of his garage and tried to run the price up on me.
Why would he need my number when he dont even have a buisness tax number....................Im Done !!!!!!!!!!!
and still shopping.
good luck

I feel the same way about someone not taking my check, too, Haymaker. Being in the feed bidness has hardened my heart about being such a sensitive, trusting individual, though. When the deadbeats approach me, I just tell them I need $1,000 cash up front, and when that has been used up, I need another $1,000.....otherwise, the feed supply stops. Keeps the deadbeats honest and I don't have to earn my margin 2 or 3 times.

You are just as well off walking or running away from that saddle deal. Lucky you caught it in time. Hang in there....there's a maker out there just waiting for your order. Lyle Henderson at Platte Valley Saddle Shop in Kearney, NE, makes some nice ones.

LazyWP said:
Sorry the deal fell apart on you, but its better to fall apart now instead of after you paid him.

Lisa says to call 406-446-3730. He'll build you a goodun!!!

I'll give him a call, see what he's got...................good luck

loomixguy said:
HAY MAKER said:
and still shopping.
good luck

I feel the same way about someone not taking my check, too, Haymaker. Being in the feed bidness has hardened my heart about being such a sensitive, trusting individual, though. When the deadbeats approach me, I just tell them I need $1,000 cash up front, and when that has been used up, I need another $1,000.....otherwise, the feed supply stops. Keeps the deadbeats honest and I don't have to earn my margin 2 or 3 times.

You are just as well off walking or running away from that saddle deal. Lucky you caught it in time. Hang in there....there's a maker out there just waiting for your order. Lyle Henderson at Platte Valley Saddle Shop in Kearney, NE, makes some nice ones.

I hear you, been on that side of the fence too, but this was a deposit check, no goods or services to be rendered for 90 days ?
I formed my opinion of this man and pride myself in judging character believe I will pass.
good luck

Well that just ticks a guy off! :mad: If a guy isn't as good as his word, then why deal with him? I hope you find a honest outfit to spend your money at and i hope their saddle is just what ya want! :D

leanin' H said:
Well that just ticks a guy off! :mad: If a guy isn't as good as his word, then why deal with him? I hope you find a honest outfit to spend your money at and i hope their saddle is just what ya want! :D

yeah, i agree best just walk before he does get some money and then change things on a deal like this trust is everything and I just dont trust this man.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
leanin' H said:

yeah, i agree best just walk before he does get some money and then change things on a deal like this trust is everything and I just dont trust this man.
good luck

I wonder if that picture of the saddle was even one he made or just
a picture of one he found? It was about the nicest looking saddle I've
ever seen.

Anyhow, Haymaker, looking is half the fun! Glad you found this guy
out! I agree with 'gut feelings'.

And WP that 446 number I believe to be a Red Lodge Montana number. Who's the saddlemaker there that you recommend? If you don't mind saying...

Faster horses said:
HAY MAKER said:
leanin' H said:

good luck

I wonder if that picture of the saddle was even one he made or just
a picture of one he found? It was about the nicest looking saddle I've
ever seen.

Anyhow, Haymaker, looking is half the fun! Glad you found this guy
out! I agree with 'gut feelings'.

And WP that 446 number I believe to be a Red Lodge Montana number. Who's the saddlemaker there that you recommend? If you don't mind saying...

Heritage Saddlery. Where I had mine made.

Latest posts