• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My trip to Corpus Christi, Texas!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs

Reaction score
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
Ok, so some of ya'll know that I recently took a little trip to Corpus Christi, Texas for work here a while back and I just thought I'd give you the report of how things went. I know some of you are interested in hearing how my gambling went on the cruise ship. Well let me tell ya!

We boarded the three story boat/ship or whatever you want to call it about 6:45 P.M after paying my $15. Upon boarding we headed straight for the buffet meal which was included on the ticket price. It was an excellent smorgus board of meats, fruits and vegetables. I ate until i was full, but not over full...just to the point of being just right. While we were eating the big boat fired up its engines and the whole ship vibrated. This spooked me slightly since I had never been on a boat of that size before....actually the only other boat I was in was my dads row boat he would take on Lake Oahe to check fishing lines. This was a tad bit different! Well anyway off we went to international waters being tugged or rather pushed by a tug boat. I believe international waters is like 12-15 miles out...but we have to be that far to gamble. Took us prolly half an hour to 45 minutes to reach the waters so the gambling could commence.

My first stop - Black Jack! I know...I know...some of you know i lost my butt totally (like $40,000) on the poker website at Black Jack, but that is all fake money so who cares right! Well anyway I'm not mentioning dollar amounts but I played Black Jack for prolly an hour and a half and was up $60 at one point, but when I was all done I had lost everything, which amounted to less than $100, so not to bad...I had fun! Anyway I mostly played Black Jack cause I couldn't find the Texas Hold'um tables. This boat was big. And at one point i heard them announce the Hold'um tables were full...so blah....black jack it was. I drank 3 free little beers to!

But ok so now the time is about 9:00 P.M and things are starting to move! The front that was suppose to arrive had arrived and the wind came up and the boat got to rocking BAD! I decided that my stomach wasn't going to take any more beer so i quit with just the three! I grabbed a bottle of water and headed to the slots! I sat down and lost money on the slots, and that was the point when i realized that "oh $hit" i'm getting sea sick! By this time - 10:00 P.M. or so the boat was rocking so bad that you had to hang on while in a chair and your drink would fall on the floor! Well I moved to an empty black jack table and sat there with my head in my arms for prolly another hour getting queeeeezier and queeeezier until finally I told the ole boys i was with that it was time i found the bathroom. Which turns out I found just in time for I barely made it to a stall when things erupted! Yeah, so much for the buffet meal....it didn't have time to digest! Everything come up......and I realized I need to chew better! Well after I threw up everything I ate and drank, I sat there and dry heaved for another half hour. And the worst part of it was was the door latch on the stall was broke, so everytime the boat would rock the damn door would come around and smack me in the rear! It was not a pleasant experience at all let me tell you!

After the dry heaving subsided I headed for the top deck for fresh air! Well the wind was whipping and mist from the water would get you wet but i didn't care...i sat out there freezing my rear off still feeling like death. It must of been in the 40's with that front. Cold for Texas...especially Corpus this time of year! Well I ended up sitting there till we got back to port which took about another 2 hours! We didn't get off the damn boat until 1 A.M!

So I guess to re-cap my boat ride, I had about 3 hours of lovely gambling time.....then the next 3 hours was spent dry heaving in a bathroom stall with the door smacking my rear! Miserable! They said there were 18 foot swells or waves out where we were due to that front! Ok so yeah I asked to...what the hell were we doing out there with 18 foot waves!!!!!! I can't swim people!!! Anyway, I'm glad I did it just for the experience, but I highly recomend taking some dramamine if you go. Although, if the seas hadn't been that rough i'd of been fine....that damn front caused it all. Anyway, it was an experience...I'm glad I went out on the ship.....just wish i'd of enjoyed the entire trip better.

I'm home now and everything has stopped moving so all's well! :lol:

Sounds great tex, so I'll see you on tigergaming from now on, right?

I've lost money there, but never been sea sick, well maybe once at the Omaha tables.

That's funny Tibbs. The best part about seasickness is at the very same instant you put your feet on solid ground, you are well. For me that is.

Hey, Tibbs, it sounds like a good time was had by all. :wink:

Sorry ya got sick. We went on an Alaskan Cruise om 2001 and we had never been on a big ship before. The first night out, we hit bad weather. Since we were in a port room (is that what they call the room that you can look out the port hole?) we could see outside and there were some huge waves. Anyhow, we didn't get sick. But just about everyone else on that boat did and they ran out of dranimine. We could have sold some many times over if we had any. Which we didn't. There weren't many people wandering around all the next day.

We are total land lubbers, couldn't believe either one of us got seasick.

Latest posts