• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My trip to Wyoming..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
My son had to go to Colorado to pick up his little mare, so I tagged along and brought my horse along. We rode in several area's of Wyoming and had the best time hanging out together..and I was so happy that Ole Koda did so good climbing around in the rocks..not bad for a sandhills horse!

DSC02228.jpg

A view from the ranch in Walden CO..beautiful! Only there long enough to get his mare loaded and back to Wyoming.

DSC02252.jpg

Headed out in VeedaWoo to ride inbetween storms..lol

DSC02264.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

I loved the aspen trees..

DSC02313.jpg

My kid is most at home in Wyoming on his horse...

DSC02413.jpg

Then on up to Glendo WY, to another friends ranch to help them pull bulls...(or at least that was the plan..lol)

DSC02528.jpg

I don't know how ya can round up cattle in this country..it takes days!

DSC02520.jpg

Saw these and a few more early one morning..they were in a hurry to get to the hills...

DSC02577.jpg

The Country Church in Esterbrook WY..breathtaking views!

DSC02734.jpg

Horseshoe Creek,,is where Koda liked to play after climbing the MTs. all day..lol

This photographic tour reminded me of my short stint at the University of Wyoming, Laramie. Except that your view was much better than mine. I've been to VeedaWoo many times and loved that area. I've crossed Wyoming from all directions and the scenery is fantastic just about everywhere.

Oh yeah, your photography is excellent!

I have only so far flown over Wyoming and plan to see it someday. It strikes me as a place that if you don't give it respect it would be unforgiving.

I really like horses and I really like Wyoming! The two kinda
seem to go together.[/quote]

I liked your quote..Wyoming and Horses do go together...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments...It's a challenge to get good pictures while riding a horse!,,But I'm getting the hang of it! lol

Beatiful pictures, Jassy. Looks like you and your son had a wonderful time riding in the high country. I especially like the silhouette photo with the horse and rider and trees in black, with the background of blue sky and big fluffy trouble-making clouds. It should be on a calendar or somebody's wall somewhere. It is a spectacular picture no matter how it is displayed or the size of the format.

Great photo's! Wouldn't some, really all, of them just take you away if blown up and hung on your wall/

I find the scenery ones especially would fit that bill. And if someone could make a large painting of any one of them.......who would need a vacation?!

Thanks for 'taking us along' on you get away.

mrj

Latest posts