• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MYT Futures Part X. Spring Update w/ Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mytfarms

Reaction score
Spring is here to stay. Livestock judging is pretty well wrapped up, and we're gearing up to compete at State Conference. We have some judging trips left yet, though. A contest in Kearney, NE which is right next to the Promised Land, a workout in Garden City, KS, and a judging camp and state contest in Ft. Collins, CO. Busy month of June is still up ahead. I've started in at my new job selling meat. We're basically a value added program marketing buffalo, beef, and lamb from North Dakota producers. We also sell pasture raised chicken from the western slope of Colorado. All USDA inspected for retail, and I drive a pickup w/ a bumper pull trailer full of freezers to various events and farmers markets. Pretty neat job. I recently planted some spring wheat, triticale, and oat plots for a Colorado State University study. We've been blessed with late spring moisture and warm days. I'm looking to get some pictures up of some green in the next couple weeks. I have some haying video from last year posted up on YouTube under the MYTFarms channel if you all are interested. For now, some photos of spring work and events in Colorado.

Spring planting. No, we do not own a Kubota. But the sucker has MFWD, AC, and a RADIO! Not to mention a sound guard cab! I was in heaven "working" all day.

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

A couple months back, I was out testing nutrients. The soil was powder dry. But, with proper care this summer, we should be able to put some life back in the soil and start building some organic matter to hold nutrients more effectively.
IMG_4444.jpg

A final foto for you fine folks not interested in farming. Myself and, um, dear friend at a ranch horse clinic in Pueblo. :wink:
IMG_4549.jpg

Forgot to add.
I'm headed to China this October with a plane load of PRCA cowboys and some fellow Colorado 4-Hers to put on a two week event in Beijing in the same complex that the Olympics were held in. We will put on a USA style rodeo along with taking time to educate kids in China about the importance of US Agriculture. I am one of only 15 lucky teens to get to go. It should be an amazing opportunity.

Wow, impressive stuff for sure! :D I'd say you've got a great future ahead, and agriculture is lucky to have somebody like you interested in it!

Remember to post lots of China pics for us. I've always thought travel was the best education you can get :wink: :D .

I was shaking mu head with all those farming pics but that last one restored my faith in ya. :D :D

Sounds like you've been busy with more to come. Have fun on your big trip, and the one to China as well.

:D :D :D

Always fun to hear what you are up to! But no pictures of your show cattle???? And how about some more info about your "dear friend" :wink:

Nicky said:
Always fun to hear what you are up to! But no pictures of your show cattle???? And how about some more info about your "dear friend" :wink:

If you look in the pen in that first picture, you can see two red and white heifers. The one on the left (mostly white) is my show heifer. My little steer hasn't been pictured lately. But with our cool room getting going, we should be on track with some fancy fotos any day.

Well, as BMR could see, I've got a pretty nice mount under me. Four Six Hancock mare with the Figure Four on her hip. She's got a lot of cow. That gal is mounted on a sorrel sale barn pony that she does mostly Western pleasure and typical western horsemanship on. Her other horse fits her far better. Horse and the girl have the same color pony tail. :D She's a pretty hot barrel racer and pole bender on that guy. I need Soap's creativity to come up with a name for her. :roll:

WyomingRancher said:
Wow, impressive stuff for sure! :D I'd say you've got a great future ahead, and agriculture is lucky to have somebody like you interested in it!

Remember to post lots of China pics for us. I've always thought travel was the best education you can get :wink: :D .

Actually just got my conformation red tape in the mail today from the state 4-H office. So it's a done deal. Sept. 29 to Oct. 12 is what they're planning on. I'll have digital camera and a lap top going while there, so I should get some good shots onto Ranchers.

mytfarms said:
Nicky said:

If you look in the pen in that first picture, you can see two red and white heifers. The one on the left (mostly white) is my show heifer. My little steer hasn't been pictured lately. But with our cool room getting going, we should be on track with some fancy fotos any day.

Well, as BMR could see, I've got a pretty nice mount under me. Four Six Hancock mare with the Figure Four on her hip. She's got a lot of cow. That gal is mounted on a sorrel sale barn pony that she does mostly Western pleasure and typical western horsemanship on. Her other horse fits her far better. Horse and the girl have the same color pony tail. :D She's a pretty hot barrel racer and pole bender on that guy. I need Soap's creativity to come up with a name for her. :roll:

It wasn't the horse I was talking about. :wink:

Since I named 2 of Soap's 3 kids I think we'll just call your friend MYT Fine, :D
Or Ponytail.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
It wasn't the horse I was talking about. :wink:

Since I named 2 of Soap's 3 kids I think we'll just call your friend MYT Fine, :D
Or Ponytail.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol, I think good ol "Ponytail" fits her just about right. Never wears her hair any other way.

Great pics and good timing...Now is the perfect time to do all those things you have lined up. Not sure when you plan to sleep, but good luck. :D

My favorite song during the month of June is "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead." It's a difficult month. Here's an update on the Rodeo China event with a press release back on April 25th.

http://www.rodeochina.com/media/

I bred both of those heifers to a Shrag Shorthorns bull called Red Rocket. He's a relatively new sire that has a pretty nice calf crop on the ground. They want to promote him as much as they can, so I got a nice discount on the semen. They're weighing up there at the 1150 and 1220 lb marks respectively, with the white heifer just genetically having more frame to her. Her sire was the Grand Champion in Denver in 2010, TM Gus.

mytfarms said:
My favorite song during the month of June is "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead." It's a difficult month. Here's an update on the Rodeo China event with a press release back on April 25th.

I bred both of those heifers to a Shrag Shorthorns bull called Red Rocket. He's a relatively new sire that has a pretty nice calf crop on the ground. They want to promote him as much as they can, so I got a nice discount on the semen. They're weighing up there at the 1150 and 1220 lb marks respectively, with the white heifer just genetically having more frame to her. Her sire was the Grand Champion in Denver in 2010, TM Gus.

Mytfarms, do you ever see DOC HARRIS? If you do, tell him "hi," and tell him we miss him. We need to do something to get him started, mainly because he was always saying, "Don't get me started." :wink:

Soapweed said:
mytfarms said:

Mytfarms, do you ever see DOC HARRIS? If you do, tell him "hi," and tell him we miss him. We need to do something to get him started, mainly because he was always saying, "Don't get me started." :wink:

Could see him here in a couple weeks if I stop by his house after judging camp in Ft. Collins. I'll keep him in mind.

Latest posts