• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

N Bar Bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Here is a six year old bull that is the one of the six bulls we bought at their final production sale. We have three left, and had all six until this fall, as they had great longevity. None got nasty, or were fence crawlers. We bought bulls 3 different years from them, and it was one of the best things we have done. The three we sold this year were still sound, but we felt it was time to replace with a little younger bull. Our coming three year old's were strictly bred to N- bulls for quite a few years, and they just calved so easy it was unbeliveable. One year we had 130 3's or somthing like that, and they were calved in a 1000 acre pasture. We checked them once a day as usual, and we only had one dry cow at branding, and she had aborted over the winter. Anyway, I just could not say enough good about them.

N-2.jpg

N-bull1.jpg

He's a long bugger, isn't he?
Nice that you got so many years out of 'em. We have relatives that sure
like the N-Bar cattle. I see the Sinclair outfit is having a sale in November at Buffalo, Wyoming. They bought out N-Bars cattle, if I recall correctly and Tom Elliot is a consultant of some sort. He is still involved with the cattle, at any rate.

How'd you do with the EXT's, Jake? Or did you try any of those?
Their bad dispositions come from the Emulation 31 bloodline. I think the 5522's aren't that way. (But I'm not absolutely sure).

We just got Diamond D's catalog (The DeBoo Family). It is very interesting. They have stuck with breeding Wye cattle for years now, and it is paying off for them. Moderate, functional cattle is what they strive produce. They score the cows udder and temperment and give the ratio of cow weight to weaning weight on every bull. They have gone to late spring calving so these bulls are long yearlings. They will be two like next May or June.

We have used several different sires from N Bar, and haven't really had a dispostion problem. We used EXT himself AI on a few Hfrs. the year he died.

The two Sinclair bulls purchased this spring look ok, but the jury is still out on how they will turn out.

Do you have any grade and yield data on the offspring of those bulls?
He looks a touch peaked behind, but I have come to know that breeding is as important as appearance.

Jersey;
No the bull isn't either if you look close.
Set of his back; red patch showing on off hind leg.

Haytrucker, you are observant. I didn't realize myself how simular the pictures were until I posted them. I moved over about 15 ft. and took the second one. It must have been freeze frame.

I would say that N Bar bulls don't have the hind end as some bulls, but they sure beef up in the front end with age. It looks as if the bull has no front legs almost. We have not retained ownership in ten years, as we felt selling calves off the cow has been the most profitable lately. The buyers do like the calves, and want them every year. Must mean something.

I am not talented enough to be a trick photographer jersey lilly. Next time we need something Preg Checked we will call on you! What talent. :wink:

Latest posts