• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Namin' calves after Hurricanes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Heard someone say they were gonna start naming their heifers after Hurricanes......katrina, rita, etc.....not me cuz if they are anything like their name sake they could do some damage to ya in the workin pens. Don't need that!!!!
Anymore mine don't get names, they just get a nice lil ear tag and their number is their name, unless they have some distinguishing mark such as a mottled face, or black baldies with eye patches they get called panda's.
When we first started out, the first three cows we got was about the time my daughter was up walkin and talkin fairly decent. We hadn't named anything and she was on the front porch playin. She came in tellin me she found a baby calf. I asked which cow? She said, "the red one" lol they were all three red cows, so we came up with 3 names so she could tell which one was which. But sure enough, one of the cows had a calf the night before, and had brought it up to the house with her while amanda was playin.

Denny said:
I got some with names but I can't repeat them here.... :eek:

I hear ya Denny. :cowboy:

Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good and those old bones are healing. just don't over do it for the first while cause you have to remember your older and out of shape from before your spill. :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Denny said:
I got some with names but I can't repeat them here.... :eek:

I hear ya Denny. :cowboy:

Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good and those old bones are healing. just don't over do it for the first while cause you have to remember your older and out of shape from before your spill. :wink:

Very FUNNY :p :lol2: :cowboy:

I have made sure to have a balanced diet plenty of Little Debbie snacks.
Come to think of it My wife's name is Debbie. sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
What?!!! No Twinkies?

Now that you brought that up my wife had bought just ONE box of twinkies well someone ate them ALL dont know who anyhow my youngest daughter who's in 2nd grade came home and wanted a twinkie I told her they were all gone WELL I learned that what ever you do dont eat HER TWINKIES...BAD DAD BAD DAD... :cry: :cry:

Keep up with that diet of Little Debbie's and Twinkies, Denny, and you'll be soft and creamy inside just like them! :wink:

Shelly said:
Keep up with that diet of Little Debbie's and Twinkies, Denny, and you'll be soft and creamy inside just like them! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't ya just love how when we are growing up, our folks "imprint" good eating habits into our brains and for some reason we still turn to good old comfort foods....doritos, twinkies, snickers, CHOCOLATE milk, ho-hos, yoo hoo, caramel rolls.....OOOOOPS!!!! I think i just figured out why my diet is continuing to fail me!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

Chocolate ANYTHING is my weakness! Then red licorice, Skittles, jujubes, ..... Damn, now I have to go to the store!!!

I like near Beer the nearer It gets to me the more I like it. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

What is it about 10 hours on a John Deere tractor that makes a man consume beer in the evening. When i come in out of the field I have to sit in the swing and have a few before supper.

I know the song but with that warn out tractor seat it werent her I was thinking of. With the next hay I sell I am buying is a new seat for that old 2020. Damn a warn out seat.

Latest posts