• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nancy on violence

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi has a statement she wants to make about violent rhetoric:

"I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw this myself in the late 70s in San Francisco, this kind of rhetoric. ... It created a climate in which violence took place. ... I wish we would all curb our enthusiasm in some of the statements and understand that some of the ears that it is falling on are not a balanced as the person making the statements may assume."

Oh wait. I've made a mistake here. That wasn't Nancy Pelosi talking about the occupiers. That is what she had to say about tea partiers ….. OOOOOOPPPPPPS. Here's what she actually had to say about Obama's leftwingernut apologists:

"God bless them .. for their spontaneity. It's independent ... it's young, it's spontaneous, and it's focused. And it's going to be effective."

According to witness accounts, a small fight broke out in the camp between two young men.

"I heard gunshots, and everybody started running," said Kevin Jenkins, 24, an Oakland native who witnessed the shooting.

After the initial fight, one of the young men called several friends or family members from outside the camp and asked them to come and help him. The victim had visited the camp often, said his cousin, Madea Williams of Oakland, who said she lived in a camp tent.

When the friends arrived, the dispute escalated
into pushing and shoving near the portable toilets adjacent to the plaza.

According to one witness and Occupy Oakland supporter, Rachel Tolmachoff, 55, of Pleasant Hill, a group of occupiers then intervened and tried to get the people involved in the fight to move on. A short time later, they heard between four and six gun shots and saw several men run by.

One of the men involved may have run down to the BART station on 14th and Broadway.

Mike Tarmo, 31, a native of Sierra Leone, said he also saw the shooting. Tarmo claimed that the group of outsiders simply walked up to a man standing on the steps of the plaza and started beating and punching him. The occupiers tried to step in, Tarmo said. "There were 20 Occupy guys going to help him, saying, Stop! Stop!" Tarmo said the victim of that physical assault was the same person who got shot.

Jenkins, the other eyewitness, said the victim was an innocent bystander. Interim Police Chief Howard Jordan said at a news conference that the victim may not have been involved in the dispute that broke out in the camp earlier.

A mood of shock and sadness settled on the assembled crowd as hundreds of people began to question what went wrong.
http://www.mercurynews.com/occupy-oakland/ci_19314944

This is the first slaying near the camp, but there have been fights, reports of sexual assaults, rat infestations, and other unsafe and unhealthy conditions at the camp, which started on Oct. 10, was torn down by police on Oct. 25 and then was rebuilt a day later.

In a letter Friday, the Oakland Police Officers Association, or OPOA, said the 645 Oakland police officers they represent have had enough.

"In light of yesterday's violence, enough is enough. What more needs to happen? We would like to see the protesters leave peacefully," said OPOA President Sgt. Dom Arotzarena

http://www.mercurynews.com/occupy-oakland/ci_19314944

Latest posts