• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NASCAR, Homestead

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H

Reaction score
Anyone else going down there? I have family who has a season pass, can't pass up the invite.

i wish...i had a chance a few years back to go to Altlanta. box suite, pit passes, the whole nine yards. all i had to pay for was transportation. but due to other obligations i couldn't make it :( oh well, maybe its just as good to watch at home :???: i'm not sure who you are a fan of, but i hope the #48 puts it in the wall on lap 1.

cmon' H, what would be wrong with ol' Mark winning it? i think he is due, for sure. but the 24 winning it wouldn't bother me to bad. and i suppose JR. is out of the running :lol2: (i do like JR, just wish he would get his sh1t together) i'm cheerin' for the 24 or the 5. the chances are slim, but there is a chance

I'd be tickled if Mark Martin finally won it! Jimmy has been unbeatable lately and will probably win the championship. Maybe you better come visit next year and we'll go to the Vegas race. I've never been to a nascar race but would love to someday!

sounds like a plan to me. although, my wife may be a little p*ssed off if i go to vegas for a nascar race before i take her to the NFR :???: we'll have to try and sort this one out :wink: you and i in vegas reminds me of the movie, The Cowboy Way, with Woody from Cheers......when they go to the city looking for their buddy :lol2: :lol2:

Justin said:
sounds like a plan to me. although, my wife may be a little p*ssed off if i go to vegas for a nascar race before i take her to the NFR :???: we'll have to try and sort this one out :wink: you and i in vegas reminds me of the movie, The Cowboy Way, with Woody from Cheers......when they go to the city looking for their buddy :lol2: :lol2:

That, my friends, sounds like a dangerous situation in the making. :shock:

And no, I'm not offering to chaperone you young guys. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:

That, my friends, sounds like a dangerous situation in the making. :shock:

And no, I'm not offering to chaperone you young guys. :wink:

cmon' Gcreek, we'll be good...promise. you better come along, just in case H gets a little "coo-coo" when he sees all the pretty lights and the dancin' girls :D :wink:

I agree with the 48 taking it to the wall...I want the old man to get the title...you can't help but love Mark martin... I too, want Jr. to get it together andd make a run at the title.... wish he was more focused like his dad....it just ain't the same without the Intimidator in the race

jigs said:
I agree with the 48 taking it to the wall...I want the old man to get the title...you can't help but love Mark martin... I too, want Jr. to get it together andd make a run at the title.... wish he was more focused like his dad....it just ain't the same without the Intimidator in the race

My little sister thinks JJ in the #48 is "the world". I just had to call her when he wrecked out on lap 3 at Texas Motor Speedway. My favorite driver is Ryan Newman but I guess this week I'll be rooting for the "Senior Citizen" Mark Martin.

As for Jr. He need to forget his name is Earnhardt and just drive and enjoy his self. Personally I dont' think he's that good a driver.

TexasBred said:
jigs said:

My little sister thinks JJ in the #48 is "the world". I just had to call her when he wrecked out on lap 3 at Texas Motor Speedway. My favorite driver is Ryan Newman but I guess this week I'll be rooting for the "Senior Citizen" Mark Martin.

As for Jr. He need to forget his name is Earnhardt and just drive and enjoy his self. Personally I dont' think he's that good a driver.

i don't know what to make of Jr's performance the last few years. i think he's a good enough driver, he won his share of races, most of them earlier in his career. he's got Hendrick equipment on his side, so there is no reason, in my mind, he isn't running up front with the 24, 48 and the 5 :?

Let's face it folks, the 5,24,48 are running 1,2,3 in points, the forth team member just can't drive as well, or can't communicate what he needs to get the car better. As far as I am concerned it's all on Jr's shoulders.

The 48 in the wall????? Don't let jealousy get to you like that. A great driver and a great crew chief make a great team. If Johnson wins his fourth straight title we will party party party!!!!

nebraskadave said:
Let's face it folks, the 5,24,48 are running 1,2,3 in points, the forth team member just can't drive as well, or can't communicate what he needs to get the car better. As far as I am concerned it's all on Jr's shoulders.

The 48 in the wall????? Don't let jealousy get to you like that. A great driver and a great crew chief make a great team. If Johnson wins his fourth straight title we will party party party!!!!

slow down there nebraskadave, relax for a second :wink: . i agree, i think it is on Jr's shoulders. did i say otherwise :? ?

as for the #48, i still hope he puts it in the wall on lap 1. now i'm not wishing injury on the 48 or anyone else(well maybe the 7 or the 18 :wink: ) i will also agree that they are a great team, possibly the best there has been for a very long time. i'm just not a Jimmie Johnson fan, sorry. jealousy doesn't have anything to do with it. :D

nebraskadave said:

No denying they are definitely a great team...Knaus probably deserving much more credit than he gets and their communication must be near flawless. I'm not jealous of the 48 at all. Just enjoy seeing even the best get treated like the rest occasionally.

I am jealous, have a great time.

I am cheering for my man Tony to at least win the race, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if Mark took the championship.

We were there at Talladega when Mark hit Jimmy on the warm up lap in 2002.. :lol:

Well Ben, is it all what you hoped for.

I am watching the race right now on the tube. Just not the same at all, miss the smell of fuel and the sound of those engines.

Still have my fingers crossed for Mark, but if Jimmy doesn`t crash soon, it is not going to happen.

the #48 does it again :mad: :wink: love em, or hate em....thats a great team. could have been worse i guess, the #18 could have won it :p

nebraskadave said:

how big is the party gettin'?

This group performed before the race, they'll be performing in Nashville soon for line dancing team of the year, will likely win. They are the Chili Chicks. the girl on my right, Wendy, is the one who tought me to line dance when I spent a winter scouting crops in So. Florida.

1122091300.jpg

Line dancing is how I met my wife.

This is the seats I had

1122091840.jpg

Latest posts