• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

National Beef/Agman response

Help Support Ranchers.net:

GLA

Reaction score
Agman,
Used to live in Pueblo West, until I saw the light and got out by the skin of my teeth. Really hope you like living in that meat-grinder....it's much nicer out here on the banks of the Coldwater.

I could not believe that my post turned into a BSE, R-Calf and Canadian slamming session. I just wanted to know about National Beef. I sure appreciate you and Brad responding with some intelligence.

I have to agree with your take on the Smithfield packing plant. My wife is head of our county economic developement council and her office and other's in the Panhandle have been hit with requests for suitable locations for a plant. Even last week at a TCFA town hall meeting, the CEO made the statement that Smithfield will make the announcement in June and the Panhandle is the picked area. I think the more talk there is, the more Swift will look at their hole card. Why would an investment company want to hang on to it anyway......they are in it for the money.

I'm just trying to get some cows paid for, before my time in the barrel comes.

Our ultrasound company has some very exciting news and new technology developments to come out very soon. Stay tuned.......

GLA

GLA said:
I'm just trying to get some cows paid for, before my time in the barrel comes.

Our ultrasound company has some very exciting news and new technology developments to come out very soon. Stay tuned.......

GLA

As a cow-calf producer you should still be in the drivers seat for another two years, albeit perhaps not at these price levels but at profitable level none the less. If you are a low cost producer (bottom 1/3 in cost of production) you should remain profitable for four more years.

It is a pleasure to answer questions or a post that is not aimed at slamming someone-thanks. Best of luck with the new venture. Have a great day.

Latest posts