• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

National finals rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Arena looks flat out amazing. Pretty neat. I'm betting the NFR doesn't return to Las Vegas next year even if the world "gets back to normal."

I listened to Ty Erickson on an interview (you can find it if you type his name in on FB) and he said it's really going to be different than Vegas beause of the size of the arena. It will take awhile to get used to for those competing. I bet they really like it, as for staying there, I'm betting Vegas will get enough money up to entice them to go back there. I guess we will see.

Yeah, BMR, it's nice that it is on earlier. We get both channels but RFD-TV seems much more clear than the Cowboy Channel.

Ryder Wright wins go round #2 in the saddle broncs. Stetson Wright wins both 1 and 2 go rounds of the bull riding. Stetson bucked off his bronc in round 2 but that horse was really juicy.

4 gold buckles will be coming home to Utah really proud of our bunch. Kaycee and Ryder and Stetson are all fine young men. Great rodeo and happy they did so well
All three rough stock events! Note that the fathers of all three of these young men were world champions. The stock contractors are breeding stock that bucks harder. It appears that we are breeding bronc riders to get them covered.

I found the judging to be quite ............. especially in the bareback and some flagging in the TR. Even the announcers were commenting on the inconsistencies.
I had several friends comment about judging of the bareback from the first round. I missed it. I didn't get home from the cow sale until after 2:00AM that night. I watched the rerun of the first round tonight. That first guy out in the bareback got robbed. To me the judging was sub par all the way through.

What cow sale were you at?
That was La Grande Thursday before last. 4,500 head. They didn't sell stock cows until about midnight. I know it was 12:30 am when I went to pay, after 1:00 by the time I topped over Ladd. 1:58 when I got off the freeway. Too long of a day for this old guy. The last two weeks I was at Vale three times and La Grande twice. I think 9:00 was the earliest I got home.

Latest posts