• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nationalize our oil

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
It was suggested to me last night by a Montana that maybe Canada should nationalize our oil industry. After thinking about it for a moment it agreed that now could be the right time. With the US so strung out with troops overseas and the rest tied up in New Orleans We could nationalize our oil and hold the advancing US army off with our Mounties, the Flying squirrel and the 12 gauge mounted on the bow of our largest canoe. :cowboy:

. . .and as their lights grow dim we would see the haunting spectre of them throwing their hands up in silent despair. . .

Yeah, right, Big Muddy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys, have the enviroextremists held back your oil industry up there like they have here? Have you built any new refineries in the past 25 years? We hear that is about how long they have prevented any from going in here. What about exploration and new drilling......can you do that? There are so many hoops to jump through down here, it is tough to do that, too.

Where are your refineries? Seems like too many of ours are too near the Gulf of Mexico and get shut off when a hurricane hits there. Wonder how long it will take to open them up in New Orleans.

Maybe if prices get high enough people will finally decide it is ok to tap into one of our biggest and easiest to access, the oil under some of the scenic bays off southern California.

MRJ

Oil is drilling just about anywhere they want to . The tar sands is booming and we have built heavy oil upgraders.I am not sure about regular refineries thought . I would think so because the trucks run out of Regina headed south continuosly.

Latest posts