• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NCBA’s Checkoff Billing Errors Now Total $305,000

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tommy

Reaction score
.Bombshell!! NCBA's Checkoff Billing Errors Now Total $305,000

Jun
The ongoing financial review following-up on the Clifton-Gunderson firm's financial review of NCBA has, as of June 1, turned up another $88,421 in beef checkoff billing errors bringing the current total of billing errors to $305,365. The ongoing compliance review is examining fiscal years 2008 – 2010.

$216,944 was repaid to the CBB by NCBA in January 2011. An additional $8,364 involving travel and overhead expenses improperly charged to the CBB and the Federation, was reported to CBB members at their Denver convention in February 2011.

The $80,057 in additional billing errors recently uncovered and now being reported involves sponsorship revenues and meeting registration fees which were improperly credited to the NCBA for events or activities that were paid for with checkoff funds. In other words, the beef checkoff paid for an event at which registration fees were required to attend and guess what? NCBA credited the revenue to itself instead of the checkoff.

That lump under the rug where things have been swept is getting bigger!

$305,000.00 in "mistakes"? ( As Maxine says) Yea sure.

I think I had rather admit to fraud rather than admit to that kind of incompetence.........................................................

Mike, they did a 2% audit before, I said there would be more (mistakes) found when they did the full audit. They are not done, there will be more.

Either way, fraud or incompetence, they have let the cattleman down.

Hope they get the rug jerked from under them!

Maybe they should start auditing some of these state affiliates?

Thanks for the update............................................

Mike, the NCBA, the Federation, and the state beef councils have built a house of cards, it is about to start falling down. People are getting fed up with they way it is run.

People are getting fed up with they way it is run.

Some have BEEN fed up for a long time.

Maybe something will come along to takes it's place with some new blood and ideas.

Mike said:
$305,000.00 in "mistakes"? ( As Maxine says) Yea sure.

I think I had rather admit to fraud rather than admit to that kind of incompetence.........................................................

This needs to be traced to individuals and the dots need to be connected. If the DOJ and the FBI have any competence, this would be done in a professional manner and those responsible along with the ones who put them up to it as well as the politicians who allowed it to happen would be held accountable.

Yes, I am talking about you, Governor Johanns. The buck has to stop somewhere. Perhaps you could speak on the subject BEFORE any investigation is conducted or completed. The good old boys club of the uber rich needs to follow the rule of law too.

Tex

Latest posts