• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NCBA CEO TALKS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PORKER

Reaction score
Speaking at the the Colorado Livestock Association's annual convention in Broomfield last week, Terry Stokes, CEO of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, said more government regulation on testing is neither needed nor wanted.

He also said that Americans' confidence that U.S. beef is safe is at 92 percent. Not so elsewhere, however, as 36 countries currently ban the import of U.S. beef.

"The other disadvantage to the beef industry is that most of the products we sell in those markets (that currently ban imports) are things we can't sell here," Stokes said, referring to the "licker, ticker and a filter" — the tongue, heart and liver.

I understand his concern, but delaying positive mad cow test results for eight months makes me wonder whether my dependence on the USDA to keep my food safe is justified.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts