• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NCBA Shakeup

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Yesterday, the National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) announced a staff reorganization to continue to serve cattlemen, our state partners and the cattle industry in an ever-changing environment. We have simplified our organization into these areas:

- Governance, Leadership and State Services, led by Kendal Frazier

- Marketing and Communications, led by Kim Essex

- Member and Corporate Services, led by Polly Ruhland

- Research and Education, led by Dr. James O. Reagan

- Government Affairs, led by Terry Stokes, interim

NCBA's mission is to increase profit opportunities for cattle and beef producers by enhancing the business climate and building beef demand. As a reflection of the changing industry, this restructuring occurred at the direction of NCBA's officers to make NCBA efficient and effective at achieving this mission.

As part of this restructuring, three senior executives of NCBA are leaving the association. In addition, the vice president of government affairs has resigned from his position to pursue other opportunities. We thank these professionals for their many years of committed service to our industry and to NCBA. We have immediately begun a search to identify the new head of NCBA's government affairs office. For more information about the opportunity, please contact NCBA at 303-694-0305.

To the tune of Toby Keiths 'The Taliban'
'The ballad of Jay Truitt'

He was a lobbyist
for the N-C-B-A
a small DC office
just said what the packers said to say
but he didn't get the memo
that fateful day and now its

Ride, Llama, ride.

he said USDA (Oos-da :wink: ) must be
outta their minds
to bring in diseases
from southern climes
where FMD and the Rinderpest
can wipe out the best

and so he's gonna ride, Llama ride.

so the N-C-B-A
are hiring new hands
to pass down the message
and it won't be a sham
we're re-structuring things
and you won't have to worry
cause the man on the Llama
is leaving in a hurry

and its ride Llama ride.

so pack up your poncho
and head to the South
where pastures are greener
and you'll know to shut yer mouth

so ride Llama ride.

"three senior executives of NCBA are leaveing the association. In addition, the vice president of government affairs resigned his position to pursue other opportunities."

Does this fit the tune of "I Saw the Light" ??

Kinda funny; R-CALF has a shakeup in the front office and there's predictions of eminent demise, jeering, etc..... The same happens at NCBA and it's very, very quiet.....

Talked to Jay Truitt lately, MRJ?

Sandhusker said:
Kinda funny; R-CALF has a shakeup in the front office and there's predictions of eminent demise, jeering, etc..... The same happens at NCBA and it's very, very quiet.....

Talked to Jay Truitt lately, MRJ?

R-Calf had a "SHAKE-UP" in the front office???????????

Thats the understatement of the year!!!!. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ernie and Sandhusker, no doubt you will be disappointed when you learn that this is nohting more nor less than what the news release stated: simplifying and streamlining the organization. It has happened before in this and other organizations. It is a result of changing with the times and the wishes and needs of the members, IMO.

I believe Jay Truitt did state that he is pursuing other opportunities. A pretty sound guess would be that there are places who could offer him a better salary and a less rigorous schedule. NCBA has lost very talented staff to 'deeper pockets' several times in the past.

And no, I've not had the opportunity to speak with to him since last July, if I recall correctly. If not, it was prior to that meeting. One doesn't always cross paths of all the staff at meetings involving several thousand people.

mrj

MRJ, real-life reality check for you;

Truitt abrubtly left and doesn't have a job right now. That means he either got torked and quit or he got fired. He isn't simply happily looking for a second career. There wasn't a going away party for him.

Stokes is the INTERM man in Washington. That means the Truitt deal wasn't planned for very long or they would of had somebody ready to take his place, which confirms my above point.

The release states, "three senior executives of NCBA are leaving the association." What does "leaving" mean? That wasn't just a simple restructuring, it wasn't an elimination of positions - that was another firing or three more big whigs giving NCBA the 'ol hoo-rah.

mrj, we expected nothing less from you. :wink: :wink: :roll:

Sandhusker, I'm sure they will all land on their at USDA or some packer...selling chicken!!! :eek: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disappointed! Not by a long shot. Gives me some hope that some in the organization really can think on thieir own.

So you really don`t need a spin to excuse what`s happened

I'm glad to see it, too. Not so much that I want to see infighting among the brass (although I have to admit, I am getting a kick out of the happenings - including MRJ's reaction and Hanta's silence). I, too, am hopeful that the packer butt-kissers are getting pushed out and cattlemen are taking over the organization.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Sandhusker said:
I'm glad to see it, too. Not so much that I want to see infighting among the brass (although I have to admit, I am getting a kick out of the happenings - including MRJ's reaction and Hanta's silence). I, too, am hopeful that the packer butt-kissers are getting pushed out and cattlemen are taking over the organization.

Let's keep our fingers crossed

Somehow Sandhusker I just can't summon up as much optomism as you have :wink: :?

It's pretty sad that you boys can't distinguish between telling it like it is, as I have done, and "spin".

And even more so that you do not understand changes can be made within an organization without "infighting among the brass" and that CATTLEMEN have been, and will continue, to run NCBA.

And it's truly pathetic that you cannot understand the Hanta Yo and I do not have your unlimited time for fun and games on the computer! Darn! I wish we both had some 'peons' around the place to do the work so we could be on here all the time!

mrj

mrj said:
It's pretty sad that you boys can't distinguish between telling it like it is, as I have done, and "spin".

And even more so that you do not understand changes can be made within an organization without "infighting among the brass" and that CATTLEMEN have been, and will continue, to run NCBA.

And it's truly pathetic that you cannot understand the Hanta Yo and I do not have your unlimited time for fun and games on the computer! Darn! I wish we both had some 'peons' around the place to do the work so we could be on here all the time!
mrj

Is that what you call you help peons'? We call our hired help. :roll:

Actually, the 'peon' jobs are usually done by ourselves! The 'hired help' is our sons, grandsons, and some of our FRIENDS!

Guess I just wish for someone who had the time to do those boring jobs no one else wants.........or has time for.

mrj

mrj said:

mrj

You're the one telling us like it is and we're the ones spinning? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course Truitt is "pursueing other opportunities (FYI, that's spin)" HE DOESN'T HAVE A JOB RIGHT NOW! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Question; When NCBA "streamlines", why do you have to "Leave the organization"?

Hey, MRJ, more news for you; When you're lurking on the site, even when you're not posting, you are listed..... we can see you....

Oh Wisest of Us All.....aka Sandhusker. Heres' a newsflash! When did I ever say I never 'looked' occasionally, actually sometimes several times per day, leaving the machine on.

My problem is TIME for research and writing.

What does "streamlining" mean to you, Sandhusker? I believe some people in business or even out on a ranch would understand that it is combining duties and/or departments or committees AND THE STAFF REQUIRED in order to be more fiscally and production efficiet.

YOU sure are trying to manufacture a fight like R-CALF had when a large part of their board quit or was fired.

Maybe if you 'kingpins of knowledge' would print the names of those within NCBA whom you know to be the "packer butt kissers", I could pass the word along to our new pres. so he could give them the boot.

Now, if you refer to anyone who believes that working with packers and ALL other segments of the beef industry occasionally when it serves the cattle producer members well to do so, and to give consumers the best beef product possible, is a "packer loving butt kisser", sorry, but you are still under the thumb of some of the old guard whose goal is "preserve the cattle auctions at any cost".

Now I've got pies to make, and dinner for a half dozen real cowboys to finish, tho I may check up on you boys of leisure from time to time as ai return to this area to put in another load of laundry this afternoon.

mrj

MRJ, "What does "streamlining" mean to you, Sandhusker?"

A much different thing than "leaving the association"

When some of us think of "streamlining" and organization, it inevitably means someof the staff at the top will be moving on and others down the line will move sideways, or upward a bit to accomplish the goals desired.

Change isn't always easy or fun, but when treated as an opportunity, it isn't a bad thing, and can be very beneficial to all parties. Or at least it can be for those positive minded people willing to make use of the opportunities change offers.

mrj

mrj said:
When some of us think of "streamlining" and organization, it inevitably means someof the staff at the top will be moving on and others down the line will move sideways, or upward a bit to accomplish the goals desired.

Change isn't always easy or fun, but when treated as an opportunity, it isn't a bad thing, and can be very beneficial to all parties. Or at least it can be for those positive minded people willing to make use of the opportunities change offers.

mrj

MRJ, what does 3 VPs "LEAVING THE ORGANIZATION" mean to you?

Latest posts