• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Neat soldier homecoming suprise

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Here's a link to a SLC news story i though was awesome. Ya gotta watch the video that starts above the printed news story. It's worth it! Merry Christmas!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=28091314&nid=148&title=video-soldier-dresses-as-santa-surprises-wife-before-their-childs-birth&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-5

Pretty cool. Wish they all could come home for christmas. They sacrifice so much for so many.

Denny said:
Pretty cool. Wish they all could come home for christmas. They sacrifice so much for so many.

Got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago. (I know, you'd never expect it...)

Made me kinda grumpy anyway and when the cop handed me the ticket we had a lil discussion.

I said I know you're just doing your job, but with the corruption in every level of government and the Police investigations into them, it must make it a little hard for you to do your job just like it makes it hard for the common guy like me to respect any laws.

He looked away for a minute then turned back and said these unforgettable words - "I was over in Afghanistan before this job. And when I came back, about a year later I looked around and said "I was over there for this?"

What a commentary on our society.

my daughter is married to a Marine. they are expecting their first child, and our first grand child in a few weeks. He is deployed in the middle east, on an aircraft carrier. we are not totally sure where he is, other than, "over there" . She moved home with us at Thanksgiving, until the baby is born.... everytime I see one of these I wish he could SOMEHOW get home to see his child be born. I watch her and know how she misses him. it is so hard on me to see her that way. we raised her with the idea that a man / woman are married and become ONE.... half of her ONE is not here. I am so proud of my Marine son in law. But so sad he will miss this birth....

I keep thinking, man, what if he got away in time to be here... and she talks like that sometimes too...but it is not good to get ones hopes up!

Latest posts