• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nebraska at 299...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That's impressive. I had no idea. Interesting that the usual Husker Haters had nothing to say. Pretty tough for 'em to understand all those big words, I suppose.

in Manhattan, you have people who are smart enough to understand reality.... they know the past, they know it is not tied to the future...so we are making a bright future in spite of the past.... huskers on the other hand sit in mediocrity, and say" we gotta be respected more, cause we have a rich history" screw that, you are irrelevant now, cause you stepped away from what was working.....history, and dust on your trophies don't entitle you to respect and rankings....earn it.

try dropping out of the big ten, and joining the ACC...you might have a shot again....

A bright future? What about when Snyder finally vapor locks? Worked out real well for ya the FIRST time the old coot retired, didn't it? What makes you think history won't repeat itself again? Or have you mentally blocked out Ron Prince and his outstanding achievements in Manhattan?

Face it, Jiggsy, the MildCats are like the little engine that could...."I THINK I can, I THINK I can, I THINK I can...." And your sour grapes about us leaving for the B1G 10 is getting old...get over it. Remember, nobody came looking for K State to go somewhere else. From what I've seen, our situation is better in the B1G 10, athletically AND academically. Bless your heart for worrying, but we'll be back in the hunt on a regular basis just like before. And it'll come a LOT quicker than when the MildCats have their 300th consecutive sellout! :wink:

you are better than KSU in one aspect...NU has way more asshole fans than KSU....

jigs said:
fair weather fans, yes...

Only in your dreams, Jiggsy. 299 continuous sellout games would suggest otherwise. In what century do you suppose that feat will be achieved in Manhattan? 22nd? 23rd? 25th? NEVER?

jigs said:
in Manhattan, you have people who are smart enough to understand reality.... they know the past, they know it is not tied to the future...so we are making a bright future in spite of the past.... huskers on the other hand sit in mediocrity, and say" we gotta be respected more, cause we have a rich history" screw that, you are irrelevant now, cause you stepped away from what was working.....history, and dust on your trophies don't entitle you to respect and rankings....earn it.

try dropping out of the big ten, and joining the ACC...you might have a shot again....

Sorry, Jiggsy, but the academic deal is still rolling. In fact, many of our recruits cite the academics and the academic support as reasons for going to Nebraska.

Sandhusker said:
jigs said:

Sorry, Jiggsy, but the academic deal is still rolling. In fact, many of our recruits cite the academics and the academic support as reasons for going to Nebraska.

UNL ranked academically 101st behind Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Texas A&M, etc.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+11

98th on this one:

http://www.ordoludus.com/2.html

loomixguy said:
UNL has the most Academic All-Americans. They must be doing something right, no matter how the schools are "ranked".

I wholeheartedly agree. But it must be really tough to achieve "Academic All-American" at one of the upper crust ranked academic schools. Like Duke or Vanderbilt...........................................................

You know, the schools that don't require basketweaving in their curriculum. :wink:

There's a little more to the curriculum than there used to be. Still, we've had more than anybody else. The athletes who attend the so-called "upper crust" schools weren't recruited for their academic prowess. They were recruited because they can put a round ball into a round hoop, sometimes on the fly........ :wink:

Latest posts