• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need a poem for my dad!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kris

Reaction score
Hey SW and all you other poets!! My dad/hero just passed away in North Dakota and I am really in need of something to say about him and words in poetry would be perfect!! I will be leaving for Tioga on Tuesday for the funeral on Wednesday....as if things were not sad enough in my life!! :cry: PLEASE send me your poems!! This was an incredible man and would love to show him the right respect and how very much he meant to me!! Thank you all!
kris
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear the news of your father passing, Kris. I know he meant
so very much to you. Please know that he is in a better place and that
he can now breathe easy after struggling for air all these years.

So sorry to hear your news Kris :cry: We'll be thinking of you and praying for you and the kids.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Kris- and your problems... :cry:
Just think about his favorite Ole and Lena joke.. :wink: :)

Kris,

sw, if I remember right, wrote a poem about your dad a couple years ago? Do you still have it and will it work? I think he posted it on here but I'm not sure. I'll try to find it. If not, he'll try to come up with something...PM him or me with some specifics on what you want said...we know he was your hero but we didn't know him personally. This is soooo sad :cry:

kris said:
Hey SW and all you other poets!! My dad/hero just passed away in North Dakota and I am really in need of something to say about him and words in poetry would be perfect!! I will be leaving for Tioga on Tuesday for the funeral on Wednesday....as if things were not sad enough in my life!! :cry: PLEASE send me your poems!! This was an incredible man and would love to show him the right respect and how very much he meant to me!! Thank you all!
kris
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh Kris...I know how much your Daddy meant to you.I'm so very sorry,cause those kind of dads don't come along all the time.....HUGSSSS

Hanta Yo said:
Kris,

sw, if I remember right, wrote a poem about your dad a couple years ago? Do you still have it and will it work? I think he posted it on here but I'm not sure. I'll try to find it. If not, he'll try to come up with something...PM him or me with some specifics on what you want said...we know he was your hero but we didn't know him personally. This is soooo sad :cry:

I found the poem sw wrote. Please check your email AND your PM, the poem is in both places. God Bless You.

EastTexasGal said:
I am sooo sorry girl, I wished there were words that could help in a time like this. Just remember my thoughts are with you and be safe on your trip.

Dawana
Sorry to hear too.Thing about Dads is, yu can only have one.SO whatever is said is from heart?

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Kris. You've been on my mind for awhile, wondering how you've been. You've had a tough go of it for the last year or so. Hugs to you, my friend.

from the depths of my soul, my thanks go out to all of you!! I read each poem sent to me at my dad's funeral...plenty of tears flowed that day!! Got a few chuckles, too, though!! That's what dad would have wanted!! Had him buried with his framed/matted copy of SW's poem...he just LOVED that one and it meant the world to him to know how much he meant to me!! Riley (the 9 year old) read SW's poem to his class the next day and had more than a few tears in his blue eyes when he was done!! Sure miss that man...he was my hero and my best friend and am feeling so very, very lost without him!!! :cry:

I know it is pretty hard to deal with losing someone who is close to you.
I can't tell you how long the pain will last, just try to remember the good times.
Each person goes through grieving at a different pace, don't try to force yourself through it.
I just got done with the anger stage and it is just 13 more days and it will be a year for me.

Just take it one day at a time and put one foot in front of another.

Latest posts