• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need computer advice

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
The icon to show that my internet connection is connected has disappeared :???: So now I can't figure out how to disconnect it :oops: I realize there has to be a way to do it, but I can't seem to find anything. So...I just unplug the phone cord :roll: Help!

click "Start"/ "Settings"/ "Network connections"/ click your conection, a box will open.
click the properties button at the bottom left of the "general" tab.
that will open a new box, at the bottom check the box for show Icon when connected.
"Ok" your way back out of the 2 boxes.

this is for windows xp

If you find after going to start you do NOT have settigs go to connect to and click on show all. I have xp but do not have settings in my start menue.

Thanks for mentioning that MsSage. :oops:

I always forget that I have my start menu set to the "classic mode" and that it labels things different than in the XP start menu.
Rob

I did what you said and it still doesn't show up :???: And why did it disappear to begin with? When I try to do it (the show all) it says that Premier connections is "disconnected", and "firewalled" ?

You need to adjust your firrewall program for the connection you have. I had to redo mine after getting dsl from dial up.
You also need to run spyware removal program. Most time you have spyware and it changes your settings.
I have zone alarm for firewall~spyware~virus~instant messaging.
If you need more help pm me and I will send you my email and I can walk you through getting it back if all this fails.

Latest posts