• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need help finding info

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
We were discussing a bill a few years ago that the Alberta conservatives pushed through under our noses about land owner rights. Can someone please give me the link for all of that information . I had it bookmarked but cannot seem to find it anymore.

Thank you . :)

hillsdown said:
We were discussing a bill a few years ago that the Alberta conservatives pushed through under our noses about land owner rights. Can someone please give me the link for all of that information . I had it bookmarked but cannot seem to find it anymore.

Thank you . :)

Sounds like you should join the WSGA. :D

Maybe talk to per, he is a wealth of information about those issues. :D

try
http://landownersagainstbills.com
The actual legislation can be found at
http://www.qp.alberta.ca/Laws_Online.cfm

The bills basically do several things.
1. allow the cabinet to expropriate private land under regional planning authority.
2. allow the government to zone land and prevent development without any compensation to the landowner.
3. allow the government (cabinet) to approve projects such as pipelines/powerlines without public consultation
4. remove property rights (including soil pore space).
etc.

It is very scary stuff. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Oh yes...
The bills are 19, 36, 50, 10 and 24 (10 is an attempt to rectify the stupidity in bill 36 I believe as I think they are scared if they call an election there will be some sweeping changes).

Thank you RSL that is what I was looking for and I finally found the original thread one here.

I was having dinner with Canadian diplomats this past weekend and they had never heard of these bills ,so I promised to email them the links. Actually no one at the dinner had heard of them. :roll:

Sounds like you should join the WSGA. :D

Maybe talk to per, he is a wealth of information about those issues. :D[/quote]

:agree: i beleive we have Ted Morton as a main architect of these bills, sure hope he doesn't get in as leader

Latest posts