• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need opinion

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Karl

Reaction score
About a week ago one of the calves started limping around, so I checked on it and it appeared to have foot rot. So I gave her a shot and moved the calves to a dry lot instead of the muddy one they were in. In my experience one you treat foot rot it usually improves in 3-4 days. Well this calf has gotten worse, now it wont even put any pressure on its foot. So I'm back to the drawing board. Any suggestions??????

Is there a chance she could have gotten a foot run over by the tractor or feed wagon? That happened to us before, heifer never did really recover.

Karl said:
About a week ago one of the calves started limping around, so I checked on it and it appeared to have foot rot. So I gave her a shot and moved the calves to a dry lot instead of the muddy one they were in. In my experience one you treat foot rot it usually improves in 3-4 days. Well this calf has gotten worse, now it wont even put any pressure on its foot. So I'm back to the drawing board. Any sugge stions??????
yes i was reading about your dilema if the calfs foot is swelled its a good sign he has foot rot and infection antibiotics is a must for one week at least that means everyday depending on what your using also if you could get the foot tied up any way you canand look between his toes if you see an open wound there theres ayellow core pull it out with pliers then spray with antisepticthis should get him back to pasture .hope everything works out i have trimmed cattle fixied sore feet for 20 years stay with him he needs you

Tetra dure is the drug of choice. Unlike most other antibiotics tetra dure maintains a 7 day theraputic level through one dose.

Latest posts