• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Needing some Help

Help Support Ranchers.net:

James

Reaction score
Hey I recieved a turkey pot for xmass and no instrutions I want to fix beef roast in it but don't know how long to cook it or at what temperature to have the oil. Also if any of you have a good marinade let me know. Thanks Jim

It would be best if I was there tooo make sure you followed the directions correctly lol. Get ready for some good eating -cabellas.com has a bunch of marinades advertised-not sure about cooking times though.

Peach Blossom says that on her instructions, for a whole turkey it is three minutes per pound of turkey at 350-375 degrees. She thinks it would be about the same for a roast, although she's never done a roast in the this fashion. She has done deep fat fried steaks on barbeque forks (rather like pitchfork fondue) that have turned out nice and tasty. Seasoning was just rubbed onto the steaks before dipping them into the oil. Her preference is peanut oil.

Hope this helps. Merry Christmas. :)

James,

Here's a delicious marinade recipe:

Marinated Iowa Beef

1 pkg (.6 oz) Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 C Tarragon wine vinegar

This does a 3-4 lb roast

let marinade for at least 8 hours.

Thanks for the info it will help, will have to try the marinade. NR just a short drive over the hill and through the vale to get here, rather warm yesterday 61 above Thanks again

Latest posts