• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Negative or positive, what do you perfer?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Is negativity a desired trait?

• Rather be around positive people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rather be around negative people

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murgen

Reaction score
Congratulations Soap for standing up to the Soap Opera of "blame". The encouragement you give to your children will prove to be a vital ingredient to their success. How they view the world as a "boogie man" or one of endless "opportunity" is a reflection of you-congrats. How some parents instill such a defeatist attitude in their children constantly puzzles me. I simply was not brought up to concentrate on the negative, rather to engulf the positives in this world full of opportunity. We are absolutely the most blessed people and nation on earth and all some can do is constantly find fault. Fortunately most of that mistrust and disenchantment is the direct result of misinformation and perception as opposed to fact. Have a good one and say hello to your dad.

In my opinion, I would rather hang out with friends that have a positive outlook on life, not always talking about their problems or others problems. Not Blamers or conspiracists, or "victims" Just wondering what others think and whether it determines who you associate with.

Do you believe negativity is Toxic or beneficial? I know a thought provoking question for "bull session", but anyway! :???:

Murgen,I believe you are gonna find the great majority of Farmers & Ranchers to have positive attitudes.I like being around folks with a "GIT R DUN" attitude..................good luck PS especially if they are female, nothing like a strong woman to stiffen a mans spine

I notice that I "react" with negativity on this site and I know why. It's because it is loaded with combatitive people. And it doesn't matter what side of an issue someone is on, they are VERY negative. Trouble is, I"ll bet most of them consider themselves to be the "reason of truth and justice" rather than someone picking a fight. Oftentimes, our own faults are the hardest to identify.

I see myself becoming one of "them" when I come here, so I don't come as often, nor do I get "down in the mud" as often. I find my serenity gets frazzled in here. So now, the most I try to participate is reading what others write, and often times laughing at to what extent someone will go to prove themselves more intelligent. Such as copying each individual sentence someone has posted and "ripping" it apart one sentence at a time. I have done that once or twice and I really saw how childish it was.
Now, I wonder if someone will do the same with this?

At times, I remember some words of advice given to me by two different friends:

1) Don't get into an argument with an idiot because they will eventually drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
2) Tis better to have kept your mouth shut and let people think you a fool than to have opened your mouth and removed all doubt.

And then as another friend says "Restraint of tongue and pen."

Yall have a good day.

What I have noticed is that those who never bring anything to the table to support their positions find their comfort zone in phsychoanalyzing the manner in which others present their position.

The "factually defenseless" amongst us will go to great lengths to discredit anyone who points out the flaws in their positions. The truth is hard to handle for someone who is bent on self pity and blame.

Inevitably, these physhchoanalyzers will see someone pointing out the flaws in their positions as being more negative than the baseless allegations themselves. That's how the blaming mind works.

Look at where the negativity exists in this industry.

Who's blaming packers for low cattle prices without providing any proof?

Who's blaming NCBA for standing on principle?

Who's blaming imports for low cattle prices without seeing the bigger world trade picture?

Who's blaming USDA for their handling of BSE without considering the consequences of having the Canadian BSE shoe on our foot?

Who's blaming AMI because they don't know anything about the packing and retail industries?

Who is filing lawsuits against the packers?

Who wants to regulate the packing industry by allowing the federal government to pick and chose who can and who cannot own cattle?

Who is stabbing Canadian producers in the back for short term economic gain?

Who thinks they know more about marketing beef than those who actually market beef?

The negativity in this industry comes from the R-CALF/OCM/CCMP/LMA blamer's camp.

~SH~

I will jump in here for once. I prefer to be surrounded with optimistic people, and those who always look at the positive side of things. I know a lot of people who I think of as pessimists, some of these are also successful people. I like to be with people who enjoy life and who can see the beauty of the things they are surrounded with.

I believe you have to stand some where in the middle. The sun doesn't always shine. You have to be prepared for the cloudy days. You have to see what is being done wrong and what may happen as a result, in order to correct it.

~SH~ said:
What I have noticed is that those who never bring anything to the table to support their positions find their comfort zone in phsychoanalyzing the manner in which others present their position.

The "factually defenseless" amongst us will go to great lengths to discredit anyone who points out the flaws in their positions. The truth is hard to handle for someone who is bent on self pity and blame.

Inevitably, these physhchoanalyzers will see someone pointing out the flaws in their positions as being more negative than the baseless allegations themselves. That's how the blaming mind works.

Look at where the negativity exists in this industry.

Who's blaming packers for low cattle prices without providing any proof?

Who's blaming NCBA for standing on principle?

Who's blaming imports for low cattle prices without seeing the bigger world trade picture?

Who's blaming USDA for their handling of BSE without considering the consequences of having the Canadian BSE shoe on our foot?

Who's blaming AMI because they don't know anything about the packing and retail industries?

Who is filing lawsuits against the packers?

Who wants to regulate the packing industry by allowing the federal government to pick and chose who can and who cannot own cattle?

Who is stabbing Canadian producers in the back for short term economic gain?

Who thinks they know more about marketing beef than those who actually market beef?

The negativity in this industry comes from the R-CALF/OCM/CCMP/LMA blamer's camp.

~SH~

Who's blaming R-CALF for packing jobs heading North?

Who's blaming R-CALF for the prices the packers are giving Canadian producers?

Who's blaming R-CALF for closing the border?

Who's blaming R-CALF for Japan dragging their feet?

Need I go on, Mr. three fingers pointing back at you? As you can't seem to come up with that quote from Korea, are you including yourself as one of those who never brings any support to the table? How about your information that the USDA banned Creekstone because of false advertising? Factually defenseless anyone? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with you, Murgen.....i find my entire outlook on the world much brighter when i am surrounded by positive folk :D !! however, i am also not so naive to believe that all people are positive...unfortunately, there are gonna be those out there who just desire to bring others down and will refuse to try and see the view from "the other side" :cry: i stop in the bull session once in a great while just to keep "informed" and to try and see both sides of the issue before coming to judgement...then i get depressed from all the negativity and i go "home" to the coffee shop :wink: to all of you out there reading this...may you have a beautiful, warm, sunny day and may something good happen to you today!!

Thanks for the response guys and gals, wasn't sure if I'd get much response on this subject. :)

Very interesting, Murgen. I also found it interesting that of the 7 posts, five talked about their own feelings of negativity and how they like positive people in their lives.

Only 2 decided to continue harping on others and their opinions.

I believe those odds to be true throughout live. In any office, there are always a couple of people who cannot let go of their resentments. I try to follow the advice in the Serenity Prayer.

God, grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things (people, places) I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

The only thing that I CAN CHANGE is Myself. I cannot change you nor your opinion. I can only change the way I react to your opinion. If I decide to get in your face, then I am as guilty as you. Lord knows I do that way too much, so I will try to act rather than react.

That's all I can do for ME. Sorry I cannot help others. :D

Y'all have a good day and keep smiling. It tends to make your enemies wonder what you are up to!!! :wink:

We all love positive people, we all ARE positive people. BS. We all have good and bad in our bones, and all love to find someone who doesn't agree just so that we can call him or her negative.

Righteousness is something we all live for, and espescially those like us who search out conflict on places like ranchers.net.

I come here to argue. I come here to find some good challenges. If we all read and spouted good all the time, we would learn nothing. I love to feel that I have said something that may change someones mind, even just a little, even if what I say is not seen as right.

Negative - positive, ying - yang, we need it all to get by. My vote is not for being around people who are negative all the time, or positive all the time, but about being real.

rkaiser said:
We all love positive people, we all ARE positive people. BS. We all have good and bad in our bones, and all love to find someone who doesn't agree just so that we can call him or her negative.

Righteousness is something we all live for, and espescially those like us who search out conflict on places like ranchers.net.

I come here to argue. I come here to find some good challenges. If we all read and spouted good all the time, we would learn nothing. I love to feel that I have said something that may change someones mind, even just a little, even if what I say is not seen as right.

Negative - positive, ying - yang, we need it all to get by. My vote is not for being around people who are negative all the time, or positive all the time, but about being real.

Kaiser- How right you are-- Be an awful dull world if we all set around and agreed with each other.....Just have to learn how to agree to disagree sometimes to keep things from getting too out of hand or to damage friendships and relationships......

Sand: "Who's blaming R-CALF for packing jobs heading North?"

That's a fact! The Canadians have expanded their slaughter capacity to account for the reduction in live cattle exports to the U.S. No need for blame there.

Sand: "Who's blaming R-CALF for the prices the packers are giving Canadian producers?"

The R-CULTers who want to take the focus off themselves as the reason the Canadian border is still closed to live cattle.

Sand: "Who's blaming R-CALF for closing the border?"

No need to blame there. It's a simple fact that R-CULT filed the brief that kept the Canadian border closed to live cattle because they are simply too ignorant to see the consequences of that decision if the Canadian BSE shoe were on our foot.

Sand: "Who's blaming R-CALF for Japan dragging their feet?"

No need to blame there. Japanese export consultants have admitted that R-CULT's actions have only complicated the matter.

Sand: "As you can't seem to come up with that quote from Korea, are you including yourself as one of those who never brings any support to the table?"

I told you that I am not going to play your game of qualifying every single statement I make.

Sand: "How about your information that the USDA banned Creekstone because of false advertising?"

Fielding admitted that BSE testing did not mean BSE free. What other conclusion can be reached?

USDA stated that 100% testing was not based on "sound science". If the testing is not supported by science WHEN SCIENCE APPLIES, it is false advertising. Plain and simple. I provided Fielding's quote. You continue to support this "false advertisting" being the deceptive individual you are.

Sand: "Factually defenseless anyone?"

That would be you!

Interesting that "The chief" quotes a prayer.

Why not cut right to the Ten Commandments?

Though shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

I guess that doesn't apply to lying about market manipulation conspiracy theories and "HUGE" packer profits huh?

I guess that doesn't apply to lying about the value of our export markets?

I guess that doesn't apply to lying about the USDA's concern for the safety or our food?

I guess that doesn't apply to lying about how NCBA is funded.

I guess that doesn't apply to lying about the safety of Canadian beef for short term ecomic gain or creating the illusion that we have taken stricter precautionary measures than Canada.

I understand completely why you would rather phschoanalyze posts than enter the debate.

In your world I suppose our Federal judges should say, "we have reviewed the evidence and we think everyone is entitled to their opinion therefore we cannot rule in favor of either position". LOL!

Truth is, only one side in any debate can be supported by fact.

1. Dumping case against Canada - LOST
2. Pickett vs. IBP - LOST
3. Beef checkoff unconstitutional - LOST

4. Stopping Canadian imports of beef and live cattle?

We're importing beef time will tell whether R-CULT loses on the live cattle to.

Stay in your comfort zone of phsychoanalization chief. That's where you belong.

Nothing bothers me worse than a wolf in sheep's clothing!

~SH~

SH--"Stay in your comfort zone of phsychoanalization chief. That's where you belong."

That's ok, Scott. I forgive you!

Have a good day, if you can!

Chief: "That's ok, Scott. I forgive you!"

Playing God now?

Not surprising from someone who considers themselves a "CHIEF"!

You forgive me??????

For what telling the truth?

Exposing the lies?

Only God can forgive you for supporting a position based on lies and misinformation you religious hypocrite!

~SH~

No, I am not God. But He gave me the ability to forgive. It says so in another prayer that He taught us. Perhaps you've heard of it. It's called the Lord's Prayer.

I'm sorry though if you don't see that I should forgive you. :shock:

Evidently, you feel you should forgive me for my transgressions, opinions. and beliefs. I'm sorry if they don't agree with yours, but that's what makes this country so strong. Independent thinking.

In any case, I accept your forgiveness.

As for the Chief title, I am an Illini fan. Our symbol is the Chief of the Illiniwek tribe. That's all. You don't have to read anymore into it. Evidently, psychoanalysis is rampant on this board.

Have a good day, if you can.

Quote of the day: "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

the chief said:
No, I am not God. But He gave me the ability to forgive. It says so in another prayer that He taught us. Perhaps you've heard of it. It's called the Lord's Prayer.

I'm sorry though if you don't see that I should forgive you. :shock:

Evidently, you feel you should forgive me for my transgressions, opinions. and beliefs. I'm sorry if they don't agree with yours, but that's what makes this country so strong. Independent thinking.

In any case, I accept your forgiveness.

As for the Chief title, I am an Illini fan. Our symbol is the Chief of the Illiniwek tribe. That's all. You don't have to read anymore into it. Evidently, psychoanalysis is rampant on this board.

Have a good day, if you can.

Quote of the day: "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

It's so refreshing to see a cool head in a discourse, Well done Chief! :wink:

JB: It's so refreshing to see a cool head in a discourse, Well done Chief!

Thank you, JB. But I can't take the credit. I simply remembered that Serenity Prayer and decided to change MY attitude towards this site and its inhabitants. Now, keep in mind, I can take back control of my will at any time, and I may come unglued again, but I will try to follow His lead.

I remember having a miserable attitude towards the "followers" of NPPC about 7-8 years ago. We argued back and forth about the issues of the day, and you know what? IT DIDN'T DO A DAMNED BIT OF GOOD. The people with the clout, power and money to influence the business got their way and all that was left was a shambles of independent, rural-loving hog farmers who got shoved under the carpet and forgotten.

The same will hold true in the border issue. The packers want it open. They have the money. The congressmen and women love campaign contributions. The border will open. And it won't matter one iota what you or I think.

People want the truth on this page. Well, folks, that is the truth. Many will get what they want. Others will despise the decision. The TRUTH is that money will prevail. And folks, WE AIN'T THE MONEY!

My question for you Chief is "Will Rcalf ranchers continue to be ventictive towards Canadian ranchers when the border does open, and fairness is instilled in cattle trading arrangements between our two great countries.

The thing I hate most about all of the arguing we have been doing over the last two years is the part about standing behing our countries. Most ranchers see no benefit from government on either side of the line we call the border. Yet we all seem to see some advantage for "our side" to bring out the "Nation" thing. Politics and world views, and war, have little to do with raising beef and selling it at a fair price. And beyond that, saying that America is for the Iraq war and Canada is not is ludicrous. I think the war in Iraq is wrong, but so do the majority of Americans. Now go and call me a commi pig, or an enemy of America, or whatever you like. :roll: All this site is about is personal opinion, and I will agree with you that each of our opinions really mean very little. However trying to make this issue an issue of patriotism is pathetic to say the least.

I have some worse redneck views than Oldtimer from time to time, but that doesn't mean I need to be branded a Canadian who supports diseased cattle, and laps up the government dole like a pig at a chop trough. These are the thoughts of Rcalf. Will they ever change?

This has been an interesting thread. Gives ua a chance to take a better look at ourselves. It seems to me that most on this board believe that anyone with an opinion that differs from theirs is negative.

Now there are three or four on this board who do not accept the most common theory on BSE, are they negative? I don't believe so, I would say they are positive. They are reaching out to find more or better answers to the problem.

I am on this board, not to start fights or to argue, I want to see the opinions from those on all sides of an issue. I do believe that the powers to be, or the powers within, will eventually run the show. Still I believe we can all have a part in guiding and curbing those with power if we are well enough informed and are determined to stay with fair, just, and even principles.

The Chief: "The same will hold true in the border issue. The packers want it open. They have the money. The congressmen and women love campaign contributions. The border will open. And it won't matter one iota what you or I think.

People want the truth on this page. Well, folks, that is the truth. Many will get what they want. Others will despise the decision. The TRUTH is that money will prevail. And folks, WE AIN'T THE MONEY!"

From a prayer right back to Canadian border issue deception. Unbelievable! It absolutely amazes me how you r-calfers can be so straight faced about your deception.

I guess the Clinton Administration did teach a lot of you that honesty and integrity means nothing.

Why is the Canadian border closed chief?????

Is the Canadian border closed because you trade isolationists (R-CALFers) wanted it closed????

No, the Canadian border is closed because BSE was discovered in Canada and our border is closed to Japan because BSE was discovered in the U.S.

Those are the cards on the table.

How can anyone argue straight faced that Japan should take our exports when we are unwilling to take Canadian imports when Canada has taken the same, and in some cases more stringent, BSE precautionary measures than we have ????

EITHER THE BSE PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES TAKEN IN BOTH CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES ASSURE THE SAFETY OF BEEF IN BOTH COUNTRIES OR THEY ASSURE THE SAFETY OF BEEF IN NEITHER COUNTRY.

THAT IS "THE" ISSUE CHIEF!

All the hypocrisy, political spin, and double standards cannot change the fact that the U.S. will be in the same boat as Canada if Canada's BSE shoe is ever on our foot.

So it all comes down to one question.......

ARE THE BSE PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES CANADA IS TAKING ADEQUATE TO ASSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR PRODUCT IN THE SAME SITUATION OR NOT?

THAT IS THE TRUTH ON THE ISSUE CHIEF, NOT YOUR POLITICAL SPIN TO STOP CANADIAN LIVE CATTLE IMPORTS!

Should our export markets condemn our beef for the same length of time that you want to condemn Canadian beef?

Should our domestic consumers be concerned that SRM removal, increased BSE surveilance, and the ruminant feed ban does not assure the safety of our beef ????

There's no dancing around those questions Chief. THOSE ARE THE HARD QUESTIONS THAT EXPOSE R-CALF'S HYPOCRISY ON THIS ISSUE.

The differences in our opinion is that you are using BSE as a convenient excuse to stop Canadian live cattle imports while trying to pretend that the U.S. has a different set of circumstances if we find another case of BSE that you couldn't blame on Canada.

We found BSE within our borders which means we could find more. The origination of the Washington cow does not circumvent the fact that she was discovered in the U.S. no matter how much you R-CALFers point your fingers at Canada.

At this point, an honest person comes to the realization that if Canadian beef is unsafe, our beef would be unsafe if we were in Canada's position BECAUSE BOTH COUNTRIES HAVE TAKEN THE EXACT SAME BSE PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES.

There is no honest way around that.

IN THEIR IGNORANCE, R-CALF IS GAMBLING WITH THE FUTURE OF THIS INDUSTRY BY risking the integrity of 80% of our U.S. beef consumption (U.S. born and raised product) to stop 5% of our U.S. beef (Canadian live cattle) THAT ARE NOW COMING DOWN IN BOXES?

How are they doing that?

By stating in a court of law that the Canadian BSE precautionary measures WHICH ARE THE SAME AS OURS do not assure food safety.

How could anyone be so ignorant and arrogant?

No amount of lies, interpretation deception, divertion, and spin will change what has been stated by R-CALF in a court of law, CANADA'S BSE PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES ARE INADEQUATE which are the same precautionary measures we have taken.

The deception on this issue is as obvious as the Debruyckers buying Canadian feeder cattle that are "supposedly" unsafe.

The truth is that science will prevail which does not support the hypocritical R-CULT position of setting a BSE standard for Canada that they are pretending is different than the BSE precautionary measures taken in the U.S.

The truth is that the Canadian border should have never been closed this long because even R-CULT says we have the safest beef in the world and we have the firewalls in place. WELL, SO DOES CANADA!

Only a deceptive, lying individual would try to draw a distinction between the BSE precautionary measures taken in Canada and the U.S.

That's the truth on this issue Chief and you would be a fool to try to debate against this truth. You just keep skirting the truth by parroting the same ol' "packer lobbying money" lines. Then hypocritically try to forgive those of us who have exposed this deception.

As far as where the money is in this industry, you couldn't be more wrong on that either. If you take the equity of the producers that is tied up in land, livestock, and machinery and compare it to the equity of the 4 largest packers, the four largest packers wouldn't make a pimple on the butt of agland equity.

You are so driven by your corporate packer blame that the obvious is simply too obvious for you.

I'll let God forgive your hypocrisy!

Let me remind you of the scripture where Jesus threw the looters out of the church. YOU GO JESUS!

~SH~

Latest posts