• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Neighbors Branding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
We helped a neighbor brand their calves using the forks..which is uncommon in our neck of the woods, but with the small crew and good country kids..it went very well.

DSC04126_edited-1.jpg

DSC04255_edited-1.jpg

Double Hock catch is a must when using the forks

DSC04309_edited-1.jpg

Good thing about the forks, no wrestlers are needed..most of the time..lol

DSC04315_edited-1.jpg

catching the calf is half the battle..

DSC04318_edited-1.jpg

Staying on your feet is the other half..lol

DSC04349_edited-1.jpg

This lil cowboy knew what he was doing..

DSC04357_edited-1.jpg

DSC04446_edited-1.jpg

Oops..missed

DSC04430_edited-1-1.jpg

Handmade Rope

DSC04404_edited-1.jpg

First time this young cowboy got to rope off of his horse in the branding pen...He did pretty darn good..and loved every minute of it..

That boy in the black hat makes setting those forks look easy. Makes me wonder how I can miss, but I can :cry: . That set of pictures could be titled "making hands", cause looks like that was going on. Thanks.

Those boys sure look young! Looks like good help standing for them by, tho. Guess we are likely to have some about that size this year. This grandma will be worrying!

The 'grandpa' on this outfit does not like to see anyone in a short sleeve shirt in the branding corral for safety reasons as much as for 'cowboy' aesthetics.......and no, he couldn't spell that word if you asked him to!!!

We do use the forks and wouldn't willingly go back to just using wrestlers.

Maybe we can get some photo's this year. Won't be branding till after Memorial Day, tho.

mrj

Latest posts