• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Never liked skinning heads anyway….

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
What I saw at 220 yards is what got shot.

B18F91E2-CD7D-46F0-8B5B-91F6F56D88AD.jpeg

I bought a brand a few years ago. Has a forehead waddle.
Oh man. I could never cut a calf's forehead. I don't even like ear marks. Correction: I don't like it when you have to cut earmarks on calves. I think that went out when folks started tagging. I remember the years we had to do 'undercut right ear' for identification. UGH.

Oh man. I could never cut a calf's forehead. I don't even like ear marks. Correction: I don't like it when you have to cut earmarks on calves. I think that went out when folks started tagging. I remember the years we had to do 'undercut right ear' for identification. UGH.
We never cut ears or used ear tags. Hot iron on the hip for distant brand ID and horn numbers for brood cow ID and ear tattoos for individual ID.

top notch and split left ear, haven't ear marked for years. neighbor cows all had a little wort on side of their nose couple inches below the eye. Think I was 14-15 before I knew what a waddle was, Saw lot of Jaw waddles and dewlap, few shoulder waddles on grass cattle that came out of Idaho. Mom said when she was little families would use the same brand but everybody in the family had a waddle someplace.

Latest posts