• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

never too old to learn

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
yesterday, while checking pasture fence, I had a very high learning curve.
I learned that you should never just assume that you unplugged the fencer last fall. While pulling the wire up out of a swampy area, I thought I felt a tickle, but figured it was my nerves, cause I always think I am getting a shock when working with elect wire... the last tug and the wire popped out of the swampy water and cat tails, and POW!!!! I got a rude awakening!
then after a few minutes of "what the hell" I decided that the fencer, a mile away, through some tough terrain was a dang good fencer, and I just needed to tie off the loose end of the wire....so I thought, " I can do that with out getting buzzed" well I could. except that my rubber coated pliers had one itty bitty hole and it arced right through and hit me again!

always start at the fencer, and unplug it. I won't forget, that shock therapy is a magical learning device!

jigs said:
yesterday, while checking pasture fence, I had a very high learning curve.
I learned that you should never just assume that you unplugged the fencer last fall. While pulling the wire up out of a swampy area, I thought I felt a tickle, but figured it was my nerves, cause I always think I am getting a shock when working with elect wire... the last tug and the wire popped out of the swampy water and cat tails, and POW!!!! I got a rude awakening!
then after a few minutes of "what the hell" I decided that the fencer, a mile away, through some tough terrain was a dang good fencer, and I just needed to tie off the loose end of the wire....so I thought, " I can do that with out getting buzzed" well I could. except that my rubber coated pliers had one itty bitty hole and it arced right through and hit me again!

always start at the fencer, and unplug it. I won't forget, that shock therapy is a magical learning device!

Kind of like a shock collar on a dog that chases chickens. :wink: :)

I've heard that it's good therapy for arthritis. :D

You're never too old to learn, but some folks just run out of time . . . :?

I was once told that a good shocker will make you wet your pants when you touch it :lol:

I'd say that was a shocking experience to say the least!!!

Latest posts