• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Baby On The Rancho

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranchy

Reaction score
Al's 2006 Grand Champion Heifer from our county fair had her calf on Wednesday. Amazingly, she's a platinum blonde, the bull was a red angus, the baby is as black as midnight! So, making his debut, is the first son of Miss Tillerie......

Image-2448.jpg

Image-2447.jpg

I don't know if Al has even seen him yet or not, he's been working some pretty long hours, but is getting a raise this week, since the boss is impressed with his performance. He was all excited about that.

Looks like she had a nice big baby. I have a cow that color and she has produced both charolais and black colored calves, but her mother was a charolais x angus and so that's where the black gene comes in. I suspect with your heifer's black nose and black teats, that may be the case with her too :) . You live in pretty country, thanks for posting the pics!

And here our Char/Angus cross cow has thrown three white bull calves the three years we've had her. Two years with a Black brangus bull and one year with Angus bulls.

This one this year don't have big ears tho :p

The Char cow on this place had a white calf last year and a dark brown/black one this year. Both years she was bred to a black angus bull.

He's still got me shaking my head......but he's a cutie for sure!

Tillerie's mama is a Char/Brangus cross, and a real blonde...hence the name Blondie. lol
Her daddy was a black Brangus, and Tillerie has a few black spots on her. All the other calves from the bull she was bred to, though, seem to be red like their daddy.

Who knows where the color actually came from? I'm just glad that she apparently didn't have a bit of trouble having him, and they are (or were the last time I saw them) fine. That's what's important.

Al's thinking about taking them to our fair this year, as a pair, for his cattle breeding project, then taking the calf as a market steer next year. I hope he decides to do that, I had so much fun with him taking the steer last year, even though he didn't do as well as Al had hoped. This is a much better calf, though, than Wheezer was. Can go for the County Bred show, too...... :wink:

This must be the year for it. I also have a white cow that has had white calves for the last six years. This year she had a solid black calf.

Latest posts