• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Experience! Home Birth.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I had an amazing experience tonight. Came to a friend's for dinner & over night stay tonight and ended up staying for their first born. (home birth)

Don't worry, I didn't break out the calf pullers, the midwife showed, in the nick of time, I might add.

Mother and baby are doing great!

I was telling the father tonight as we had a cigar after dinner, that this might just bring on the birth a little quicker, well, it sure did! About five hours later.

What an amazing night. :D :D :D :D

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
Isn't it a miracle? I've had 3, and each time I'd marvel at the tiny human being that came out of me. Glad you could witness something so special, Murgen.

ranchwife

Reaction score
many happy congratulations to your friends, murgen!! what an event!! A close friend of mine planned on a home birth (in water, no less), but due to unexpected complications (gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia), she ended up having a beautiful, healthy baby girl in the local hospital!! Sure would have loved to have been there, though, for the home birth!! :D

Jessie

Reaction score
Congrats to your friends.
I tip my hat to the ladies who do the natural at home births.
Myself it was drug my ass up.

Murgen

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everybody, I'm still kind of amazed by it all. (you can deliver hundreds of calves, but being present for a human birth, was great.) Especially when you're not the dad!

We did end up taking Mother to the hosipital after I wrote the initial post. Retained Placenta, blood loss, but all is okay and she should be home tomorrow morning.

I was asked today if I was the coach, nope, I think I was more like the coach's coach, he was a wreck.

The funny thing was, I kept waiting for the police to knock on the door, expecting to find a domestic disturbance, during the whole thing.

I never knew you lady's used such language, during labor! I thought it was only during arguments! :shock: :shock:

Thanks to Maple Leaf Angus for the great steak, and great get together tonight. After I left the cottage, did it ever rain. Almost couldn't see the hood of the truck. Have a great night all!

Latest posts