• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Forum Software

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I will readily admit I'm not real skilled on the computer so there is a couple things I can't figure out. I have to log in every time, it won't keep my user name and password. It used to. Also, I can't figure out how to just look at unread posts in every forum. It used to have a place to click on and get the unread posts in all the forums.

You aren't alone MO STOCKER. This place is no longer user friendly. I notice there aren't near as many posts as usual. I don't like having to go back to the top to get to the next topic. Before, we could click on Previous Post or Next Post....can't do that now. I'm not pleased.

Disappointing to read some of these replies. I remember when Macon bought Ranchers.net and upgraded from the old tree-style format and some people griped like it was going to be the end of the world. Now, some people are griping because they want to go back to the version that they griped about then. Too funny.

I'm just like a lot of the rest of you in that I don't really like change, but I s'pose that I differ in that I'm willing to give it a chance. After all, it doesn't cost me a dime to come here and I trust Macon to know what is actually best for us because he knows more about that stuff than I do.

I'm sure that given a little bit of time, he'll have it fine-tuned and running smoothly. (Although I'll have to admit that I wonder why he would want to after reading some of your posts.) I really like the look on the phone, too. That's a great improvement and there are other improvements, as well.

Thanks for the great site, Macon. Just like a lot of others, I don't post much, but I read Ranchers daily. I know what it's like and can actually see what it's like to ranch from Florida to British Columbia, and everywhere in between - all because of Ranchers.net.

Thanks for your investment, Macon - your money, as well as your time. You give us a place to network with others who share our interest in ranching and most of us really appreciate you.

I just went back and read some of the old complaints from the last format change and actually had to laugh at some of them. But, I found this great quote and thought it was really appropriate. Ironically, it was posted exactly 10 years ago tomorrow:

What? this sounds like a bunch of farmers, not the crew at ranchers .net. It wasn't the software that made the place special it was the people. It seems to work faster then the old site on my dial up and I think it will be just like a new colt , the more you ride it the better it will handle.

Big Muddy rancher

Isn't that still true? It's the people that makes it great around here, right? Thanks BMR - 10 years later, you're still a beacon of wisdom.

Texan said:
I just went back and read some of the old complaints from the last format change and actually had to laugh at some of them. But, I found this great quote and thought it was really appropriate. Ironically, it was posted exactly 10 years ago tomorrow:

What? this sounds like a bunch of farmers, not the crew at ranchers .net. It wasn't the software that made the place special it was the people. It seems to work faster then the old site on my dial up and I think it will be just like a new colt , the more you ride it the better it will handle.

Big Muddy rancher

Isn't that still true? It's the people that makes it great around here, right? Thanks BMR - 10 years later, you're still a beacon of wisdom.

Don't swell his head too much......................................

gcreekrch said:
Texan said:

Big Muddy rancher

Don't swell his head too much......................................

Hey, is that anyway to treat a "Beacon of Wisdom"? :cowboy: :cowboy:

Thanks for the kind words Texan!
When logged in:
If everybody would just click on all the little icons you will probably find what you are missing. The Quick Links has such things as your posts, new posts, unread posts. The red icons by topics and forums shows it has unread posts. If the icon is rotating it means it has more than 20 posts. The little wrench at the bottom left lets you get an email notification if a post is made to a topic you are watching. The Jump to in the bottom right lets you go directly to a different forum. If you click on your name in the top right of the page you can go to the User Control Panel where you can setup the forum to your preferences. Be sure to update your Profile while you are there. There are many, many things you can control. Check out Friends and Foes. Someone on the Boards that annoys you? Add them to Foes and you won't have to see another of their posts!

By clicking on the Ranchers.net at the top left you go to the Front Page which has links to Ranch Weather, Markets and a lot more. Once you figure it out you will see the software developers have greatly improved it over the last ten years.

Thanks Macon it is like a new vehicle,we just have to push some buttons and turn a few knobs to see what happens. It will not run you in the ditch and in a bit you will Wonder why you didn't trade it off quicker.

M Gravlee said:
Thanks for the kind words Texan!
When logged in:
If everybody would just click on all the little icons you will probably find what you are missing. The Quick Links has such things as your posts, new posts, unread posts. The red icons by topics and forums shows it has unread posts. If the icon is rotating it means it has more than 20 posts. The little wrench at the bottom left lets you get an email notification if a post is made to a topic you are watching. The Jump to in the bottom right lets you go directly to a different forum. If you click on your name in the top right of the page you can go to the User Control Panel where you can setup the forum to your preferences. Be sure to update your Profile while you are there. There are many, many things you can control. Check out Friends and Foes. Someone on the Boards that annoys you? Add them to Foes and you won't have to see another of their posts!

By clicking on the Ranchers.net at the top left you go to the Front Page which has links to Ranch Weather, Markets and a lot more. Once you figure it out you will see the software developers have greatly improved it over the last ten years.

Thanks for the explanation, Macon, and thanks for your assistance in getting faster horses back in....could you make this a sticky at the top of the page until we (I) get used to how things run? Thanks again.

I like it. I don't have to scroll the page side to side to read one sentence.
I might be here more now.

I have not received a single notification of new post since the change and yes I am going to the bottom and subscribing to the topic.

I still have hope that we will get back to where we were.

Texan said:

Big Muddy rancher

Big Muddy might be a beacon of wisdom, but that 10 watt bulb is doing all it can to keep up! :lol:

They will adapt. As owner of a cattle site myself, I find it amusing how so many members are so good at back seat driving.

Latest posts