• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

new green deal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H said:
For what its worth, I think self driving cars are asinine. I think getting packages delivered by drones isn't feasible where I and many others live. I think that climate change has been happening since the planet was formed and that the smoke from one mis-managed wildfire puts out more pollution than all other man caused pollution each year. I think being sustainable means being a proud 5th generation rancher who live in an area that receives 13 inched of moisture TOTAL in a year. After all, if we weren't sustainable how in the hell can we still be here after a century? But what I think really doesn't matter does it? Folks who live in huge cities believe differently than I do on almost every issue. I recently won an Amazon gift card at work, I people were totally incredulous that I have never visited that site. And that's just people from little old Salt Lake City! My point is, we have to accept that terms like sustainable or natural have many different definitions depending on who is using the word. From 1977 til 2019 American ranchers are producing the same amount of beef with 33% fewer cattle! Why isn't that being talked about? US ranchers produce 18% of the worlds beef with only 8% of the worlds cattle! If every single person in America went vegan green house gasses would decline by a whopping 2.6%!!!!! And we all know that number is false as we would need more spinach farms, ect to replace beef as a menu option. That takes fertilizer and diesel fuel and electricity too. Plus, try growing veggies out here where I run cows! My cows eat inedible grass for humans and turn it into delicious protein and leather and many other by products. I guess my point is, we have to stop taking shots at organizations like r-calf or the ncba and stand together. I am looking at r-calf since I don't know much about them. My only issue is that they seem to simply attack the ncba and don't do a very good job of telling me what they can do for beef. But I am keeping an open mind and still doing some learning. Together, ranchers need to educate consumers that our products are healthy, tasty and sustainable. Together we need to show that ranchers are families feeding families, not "factory farms" like the greenies claim! Together we need to show folks how deeply we care for the land and water and wildlife! Or we can keep beating each other up and get run out of business. I live and ranch completely different than a guy in Arkansas or Colorado. But that doesn't and shouldn't make us enemies! It ought'a make us neighbors.

Well said, H'. Very well said. :clap:

Sounds like a great litmus test for NCBA.............although likely a while before we know..........if ever........

Will they absolutely oppose the labeling of Lab Slime as beef?.........or will they bow to the packer companies.......who have investments in Lab Slime?

Anyone know exactly or have a guess?

I sent a letter to Tyson asking them to support Arkansas hb1407 which pertains to honesty in labeling and defines beef . We will see how or if they respond. I have no guess about NCBA but I'm watching closely..

Maybe it would be a good idea to become Panda Ambassadors, and really drive the WWF agenda.
why_arcticsigs.jpg

https://support.worldwildlife.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=PandaAmbassadors&s_subsource=HYCH&_ga=2.61760747.678089347.1550798064-1609278383.1550798064

Latest posts