• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

new guy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thanks Faster Horses, I just picked that handle as a joke on myself, as I am a little slow on the dallies, and sometimes need that second rope to get my first one back. I think this site is great, alot of diversity with peaple from different areas.

I am a husband, father of two daughters, a deputy sheriff ( tracking dog handler) Have a little daywork-cowcatching service, and partner with my dad on a small cow-caLf operation so hopefully I will have time to post now and again, Thanks for the welcome, Tworopes p.s. oh yeah, I try to trade a horse for a better one now and then, and always keep em around too long to make any money on em, but they keep me happy.

South Central Texas??? Thats HayMaker country. HayMaker is this you just trying to be sneaky? haha...j/k :lol: :wink: :p

What is a day work cow catching service? Is there a high demand for catching people's cattle in South Central Texas? And like Sierraman said...tracking dog handler? Since your deputy sherrif I assume it would be tracking people...and yeah i'll ask to...blood hounds??

Welcome to this ranchers.net deal.....hope you like it. It can be amusing sometimes :wink:

This site could use a good sheriff. We're having a get-together on Sep 1 and might need your services. You're invited.

Tibbs,
We hire day work cowboys when we work cows. There is a high demand for them here in south east texas. We've used the same two guys now for almost 10 years. That's all they do is wait for their phone to ring, load horses and go work cows. They charge usually around here 100.00 a day. But alot of the time it only takes a few hours and they'll move on to the next herd after lunch time when it's not super hot, sometimes working 3 or 4 sets of cows a day.

Welcome tworopes. Hope you enjoy this bunch oif folks. headsup if you go over to the bull session or the political session. them guys and gals can get a little abrasive sometimes! :shock: :lol:

I think they are good people, just a little too caught up in the day to day life. :lol:

And your sure welcome to come to the get to gether, but leave your danged ol' badge at home. Hell, we got enough of them badge toters around here as it is! :x :eek: :lol: :lol:

"Sides, we are all a quiet, respectful, decent, never hardly ever raise our voices or get mad, bunch of people! :shock: :eek: :D :lol:

Oh, that was just too funny! I kill myself sometimes!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Tibbs,
We hire day work cowboys when we work cows. There is a high demand for them here in south east texas. We've used the same two guys now for almost 10 years. That's all they do is wait for their phone to ring, load horses and go work cows. They charge usually around here 100.00 a day. But alot of the time it only takes a few hours and they'll move on to the next herd after lunch time when it's not super hot, sometimes working 3 or 4 sets of cows a day.

Well I know what day working is....with help moving, branding, sorting weaning, etc..., they do that up home a lot to and charge about the same.

BUT he said day work "cow CATCHING" service? That is what confused me.....and I know ropesanddogs is always out chasing and catching wild cattle so anyway i was just confused on what he meant by cow catching???

I guess if ya talkin bout day work cow catchin, then that'd be pasture ropin em n draggin em in the trailer.

Hey TwoRopes, do you have the contract with your county for the estrays? Couple of the deputy sheriff's here have a contract with the county for goin out n catchin cows that are out.

Sorry, I guess sometimes you get cught up in the local lingo, and expect everybody to know what your talking about. We have alot of small operations inour area, and your handfull of recreational ranchers(go figure) since we are within 40 minutes of Austin. Alot of city peaple have bought land in the country and need the ag-break on the taxes they go buy cattle at the sale barn, turn em loose and hope for the best. Some dont know what fence maintainance is, some just buy bad cattle and dont take the time to pen them and let them settle.Some of the old timers feed bucket thier cows and have one old cow that wont come in.Any way, if somebody has cattle loose off thier place in the brush or timber,My partner and I have some pretty gritty curdogs, we let the curs bay em up good, rope em and drag em in the trailer. The curs will bay em till they sull up and want to fight, so they make you look good with a rope but the dogs do 90 percent of the work. The tracking dog I run is a Belgian Shep. that is also cerified in bite work, which sometimes must be utilized when tracking felons on the move.

Welcome TwoRopes from a retired deputy sheriff. It is nice to see more law enforcement on this site. These folks can get kinda rowdy at times. Enjoy the site and jump in with both boots (but bring your badge with you).

I am sorry Jersey Lilly for not answering your question, we have two full-time county paid deputies that catch cattle on the roadway, or if on private property and the land owner complains. then the owner has 10 days to get em out of cow jail or the sheriff hauls them to auction as siezed livestock. If you come to get them you get a ticket and pay room and board at the cow jail. It is not a conflict for me since I dont live in the county I work for.

TXTibbs said:
South Central Texas??? Thats HayMaker country. HayMaker is this you just trying to be sneaky? haha...j/k :lol: :wink: :p

What is a day work cow catching service? Is there a high demand for catching people's cattle in South Central Texas? And like Sierraman said...tracking dog handler? Since your deputy sherrif I assume it would be tracking people...and yeah i'll ask to...blood hounds??

Welcome to this ranchers.net deal.....hope you like it. It can be amusing sometimes :wink:
:lol: :lol: SOMETIMES?? :shock: :???:

DOC HARRIS said:
TXTibbs said:

:lol: :lol: SOMETIMES?? :shock: :???:

Thinking the same thing Doc.......
Hello tworopes... :)

Latest posts