• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New horse!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Skrewk

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a picture of my newest addition he's a 3 year old that started out in west Texas and wound up here in Montana luckily he had some time in Colorado and to develope a winter coat before coming the rest of the way north. I think he's already more traveled than I am or ever will be. :D
He's pretty green but he sure eager to please.

2.JPG
[/img]

He was bred in Odessa but came to me through a friend out of Alpine that moved to Colorado, and then sold him to me. Thanks for the compliment on him.

looks good,We bred a couple of our mares to a stud that could be his twin.

Soapweed said:
He's a nice looking horse, and I like your saddle, too. Looks like there is still some green in the grass in the picture. That is always a good sign. :)

Thanks everybody, Soapweed, the saddle is a Billy Cook but I really like it, its only had a couple of leaks over the last 2 years. :D I had to replace my old saddle that fell out of the pickup and wedged under the trailer at 60 miles an hour, thats what I get for being in a hurry. :oops:

We've had a lot of fall rains and warm days so the grass kept some green to it for a while this fall. I would prefer the snow and frozen ground over the mud in the alleys but moistures always welcome.

nice looking horse!!!! Are you ready for the holiday insanity in your neck of the woods, Skrewk??? Was over there last week for my monthly grocery shopping and I still cannot get over the traffic of Bozeman!!! Belgrade is nice area, though......too bad you all have been discovered by the city-folks of bozeman, though!!! Hope you all have a super thanksgiving!!!! Will be over there doing some Christmas shopping....will let you know and maybe we can have coffee with the families!!! :D

Pretty lookin...ya need to take a picture of him in the sunshine so his color would really show up. Keep us updated on how he does...After a winter with you though...he's probably wishes he lived back in Texas!..lol

I agree with everyone - he's got some substance and from the pic, good bone. Enjoy him, physically it looks like he'll hold up for you, congrats.

ranchwife said:
I still cannot get over the traffic of Bozeman!!!

I live over near helena-- I too am amazed by the way Bozeman has grown. Gotten to be so many people there I can't stand to be there long.

Skrewk said:
Just thought I'd share a picture of my newest addition he's a 3 year old that started out in west Texas and wound up here in Montana luckily he had some time in Colorado and to develope a winter coat before coming the rest of the way north. I think he's already more traveled than I am or ever will be. :D
He's pretty green but he sure eager to please.

2.JPG
[/img]

I just love him! He looks very friendly - and super strong!

I just LOVE his colour!! NICE!!

Latest posts