• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Wheat Straw

Reaction score
Hi, just signed on today. Raised on a dairy farm in the ft smith area. Always been connected to agriculture. On an acreage that is part of the farm that Dad bought in 49 when I was 11 months old.Been running mama cows growing hay here and on lease land. Usually sell about 500 4x5's grass hay. Have a vermeer round baler and a new holland 65 compact square baler. Enjoy doing what I can at 74 years young.
Have any of you owned a 554XL twine net vermeer baler. Like to upgrade to net. Give me your thoughts on this baler.
Thanks, Andy

I'd offer advice on you baler question but I live in western Utah and usually dry and dusty. Not conducive for much hay production. Wish you was closer as I'd be buying hay from you 😁

Thanks everyone for your input. As I have looked around a bit for balers I might like twine better than I thought. Like every thing else people are proud $$$$$ of balers, especially net wrap. You never know when a "deal" might show up.
Andy

Mostly JD 5x6 balers up here, lotsa vermeer rakes,mowers, and tedderys tho. welcome aboard great group in here...BTW I'm 84 and still ranchin'

Latest posts