• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Place

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Well, the day has finally come. We are moving to our new place in southern BC in less than a week. I'm as excited as I was when our kids were born. Here's a few pics we took when we first saw the place in April this year:

From the switchback on Hwy 3 above Rock Creek, overlooking the farm. Haysheds in the middle, house and barn off to the right by the Kettle River

View from the house out to the hayfields later this summer

2 nice big hay sheds

Got the green paint thrown in the deal

View from the house looking East to the Kettle River

From the south looking back to the yard

Hey Neighbor! Welcome to the province of Bring Cash!

Wishing you the best in your new venture. Pretty place but you didn't just get the green paint for nothing. :wink: :D

Congrt's on the new place, very picturesque. Understand there's a big fair coming up mid September,should be a good time. BIL's parents own the DQ in Grand Fork's so stop in and get the kid's a cone :lol:

Looks like the perfect spot to be a kid.
Kudos on having the gonads to make the move for your family.

Thanks alot folks. Really appreciate the kind words, and all of you are welcome around our fire anytime. :wink:

jodywy - I asked a an older rancher neighbor to this place if the highway to town ever drifts in with snow. He squinted his eyes, cocked his head to the side a bit, rubbed his chin whiskers and said, "I saw a snow drift once. The winter we went out to Regina, Saskatchewan to spend Christmas with the inlaws."

I will always remember that comment from that man, as it was the 25th of April, 28 degrees Celsius, green grass around our feet, and a big reason why we picked this spot.

Gcreek - thanks for all your advice in our search for a new home, greatly appreciated, and we'd love to have you for a visit sometime.

PureCountry said:
Thanks alot folks. Really appreciate the kind words, and all of you are welcome around our fire anytime. :wink:

jodywy - I asked a an older rancher neighbor to this place if the highway to town ever drifts in with snow. He squinted his eyes, cocked his head to the side a bit, rubbed his chin whiskers and said, "I saw a snow drift once. The winter we went out to Regina, Saskatchewan to spend Christmas with the inlaws."

I will always remember that comment from that man, as it was the 25th of April, 28 degrees Celsius, green grass around our feet, and a big reason why we picked this spot.

Gcreek - thanks for all your advice in our search for a new home, greatly appreciated, and we'd love to have you for a visit sometime.

Wow. No winter? :shock: How far are you from gcreek?

Faster horses said:
PureCountry said:

Wow. No winter? :shock: How far are you from gcreek?

Looks like a good day's drive....into another world?

Looks like a pretty nice place to be. Hopefully it comes with great neighbours. Congrats on the new place.

Welcome and congrats on the new place! It looks beautiful. Will you be shaded by the big hill for a good part of the day?
Why did you leave AB?.. just askin.

FH, the distance between gcreek and Pure Country is approx 570 miles.

Jigger Boss said:
Welcome and congrats on the new place! It looks beautiful. Will you be shaded by the big hill for a good part of the day?
Why did you leave AB?.. just askin.

FH, the distance between gcreek and Pure Country is approx 570 miles.

And not a straight road anywhere to be found. :D

I don't know why BC can't build roads like Saskatchewan? :?

Only smoother. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts