• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New record low temp.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SHAWN

Reaction score
-38 F this morning, broke the old record by 8 degrees. No calves yet, couple of the neighbors have started. Have a great day! Denny how cold was it down in the tropics? Shawn

Luckily we are just catching the edge of that cold-and most is going your way...It was 0 here this morning- but bitter cold east wind....
Supposed to be near 20 today- and in the 30's tomorrow.....

-2 here this morning and +4 now. Not gonna get much more than that here but the banana belt of the Black Hills will see teens and 20s today.

Fortuantely here there hasn't really been any bad cold this winter. I think -15 was about the worst. You guys can keep that -30 to -40 stuff!

John SD said:
-2 here this morning and +4 now.

Fortuantely here there hasn't really been any bad cold this winter. /quote]

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

SHAWN said:
-38 F this morning, broke the old record by 8 degrees. No calves yet, couple of the neighbors have started. Have a great day! Denny how cold was it down in the tropics? Shawn

-26 below at 6 a.m. had a calf about 9 am 1st calf heifer with a Lad calf out in the middle of a field.Tough little calf was up sucking when I got there.Did'nt get real close the heifer seemed a bit nervous so I left her be.

+5C here, 41F in the shade. Gorgeous day!!. Dug out my lawn chair and went and sat out on the deck and soaked up some sun and watched the mountian view and the Pine Grosbeaks at the feeder. :)
Horses are all flaked out soaking up the sun rays too. :)

After all my complaining about the snow, someone must have heard me... we've had no new snow for at least 2 weeks and the temperature in the daytime for the last week and a 1/2 has probably averaged 36 or 37, the snow has probably shrunk a foot or so 8)

Ok...that's it! Surely some you southerners...could send up some warm air from the south instead of this freezing breeze we all keep getting! Our temps aren't as cold as yours up north,,but I feel for ya.

Shortgrass said:
62 degrees yesterday, nicest day all winter. 23 degrees today--easycome easy go.

Grandma called me from Denver yesterday- where she's being wined and dined by some Medical Equipment Sales folks all week- and she said that the temp on one of the signs in Denver showed 71 degrees... :shock:
She was complaining because she'd taken a bunch of dress sweaters and it was almost too hot for them....Said that after coming from up here in igloo country- she sure didn't need a coat....

Well 6:30 pm we are at -15 and falling fast, at least the wind is not blowing. It is not gonna be as bad as last night, -20 and then start warming up. high 30s by the weekend :D
I may luck out and have some calves with ears after all. Denny how were the markings on that calf from NR's bull? Shawn

We must be living right up here, since the cold snap ended last week, it's been reaching about 48F. Been working outside with my sleeves rolled up.
And folks say I live too far north :wink:

SHAWN said:
Well 6:30 pm we are at -15 and falling fast, at least the wind is not blowing. It is not gonna be as bad as last night, -20 and then start warming up. high 30s by the weekend :D
I may luck out and have some calves with ears after all. Denny how were the markings on that calf from NR's bull? Shawn

I have 2 so far one is a brockel faced calf out of a 3/4 angus 1/4 shorthorn heifer.The one today is a bald faced calf out of a straight black heifer.

What do you have this morning Shawn??

It's -22 but no wind feel's like a heat wave.

It got up to 0 yesterday and that felt like a heat wave..

Denny said:
What do you have this morning Shawn??

It's -22 but no wind feel's like a heat wave.

It got up to 0 yesterday and that felt like a heat wave..

-25 with no wind in the A.M., got up to around 10 above but the wind was nasty. but the heatwave is coming, this weekend will be a well over do break. spose to get into the 30's yippie! Shawn

Latest posts