• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Smokey Bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses said:
OT, being curious, just what does that mean?

Not sure--but from what I can figure out in looking up "microsatellite"--its just a fancy way of saying DNA marker typed.... :roll: :???:

I see its been changed on my bulls- and the AI bulls I used...

Holy smoke, this thread got away on me! Katrina, I didn't mean to be a smart aleck, but I didn't see your post about your bull. Yes, I looked him up, and he looks like a good type of bull. Seems like there's enough grow there too. GCreek, that's too funny. :lol: I'll be first in line to grab some and put them in my show barn for National Western. :D Yes, FH, that is good 'ol Emancipate. And you want to talk about a "tank", there he is. He'll do some good things for making females that can really rough it. Heck, but if we're feeding Vigortone, they ought to be flat awesome! :wink: OT, never did notice that. Just so long as the pedigree is accurate is all I care. As for the white bull, he's a freaky color ain't he? Like I said, a mousy roan or something on those blue cows. However, in comparison to other "show bulls", he actually looks like a bull and you can see that he really does have nuts. Sometimes, a little bump on the belly is all you can see of a bull in his fancy clothes.

Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:
OT, being curious, just what does that mean?

Not sure--but from what I can figure out in looking up "microsatellite"--its just a fancy way of saying DNA marker typed.... :roll: :???:

I see its been changed on my bulls- and the AI bulls I used...

DNA Typed could now mean SNP tested of parentage or a variety of traits, or parentage using microsatellite technology (the international ISAG standard for the moment). Or it could mean DNA tested for AM or NH or??? Probably just to clarify what type of DNA testing has been done.

Latest posts